16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
24 July 2006
WFP welcomes a 105 million euro donation by the European Commission for its global operations in 2006.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
16 January 2006
WFP calls on the international community to rally strongly behind its efforts to tackle hunger and poverty in West Africa, the poorest region of the world.
14 September 2005
13 June 2005
Rome At least 200,000 people have taken part in a round-the-clock, round-the-world event in 269 cities and towns in 91 countries, raising awareness about child hunger across the globe and sufficient funds to feed more than 50,000 hungry children for a year.
20 November 2004
Freetown- WFP has called on the international community to bolster support for some one million people in West Africa who are struggling to overcome the devastating effects of war.
9 September 2004
Dakar WFP expresses gratitude to the European Commission for a donation of seven million Euros to support WFP\'s emergency operations in West Africa. WFP will use the funds to buy food for hundreds of thousands of war victims in Liberia.
- One Planet: Bananas and the global food chain Source: BBC
- The Liberian Dialogue: WFP gives “ownership” to education ministry: other partners to follow Source: The Liberian Dialogue
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Liberia's President Sirleaf: 'We've made progress but there's much more to do' Source: The Guardian
- Liberia: 'Much More to Do', Says Johnson Sirleaf Source: All Africa
- 3 September 2014 Ebola: How WFP Is Responding In Liberia
- 28 August 2014 WFP Scales Up Its Response To Ebola Outbreak In West Africa
- 16 December 2009 Dr Winfred Hammond, FAO representative in Liberia