12 April 2011
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is planning airlifts in the coming days to provide life-saving food assistance to tens of thousands of internally displaced people in Côte d’Ivoire and Ivorian refugees in neighbouring Liberia.
11 March 2011
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today it will scale up its operations to provide food to escalating numbers of people fleeing from violence in Côte d’Ivoire.
13 January 2011
MONROVIA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) emergency operation providing food assistance to Côte d'Ivoire refugees in Liberia, yesterday entered a new phase with the start of general food distributions targeting 22, 507 refugees in the 23 villages where they are currently sheltering in the border area.
2 February 2009
18 September 2008
The Government of Liberia and the United Nations World Food Programme this week launched urban school feeding in the capital Monrovia for 150,000 children short of food because of high food prices.
29 July 2008
WFP is expanding operations in West Africa to feed an additional 1.4 million people hard hit by high food prices in Guinea, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burkina Faso and Senegal.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
24 July 2006
WFP welcomes a 105 million euro donation by the European Commission for its global operations in 2006.
- One Planet: Bananas and the global food chain Source: BBC
- The Liberian Dialogue: WFP gives “ownership” to education ministry: other partners to follow Source: The Liberian Dialogue
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Liberia's President Sirleaf: 'We've made progress but there's much more to do' Source: The Guardian
- Liberia: 'Much More to Do', Says Johnson Sirleaf Source: All Africa
- 23 July 2015 Hungry Planet: Episode 41
- 22 February 2015 Liberia: WFP Helps Communities Transition Out of Ebola Crisis
- 17 December 2014 Ebola Leaves Hundreds of Thousands Facing Hunger (For the Media)
- 24 November 2014 Liberia: Inside A Food Distribution