30 September 2015
Here are ten things to know to understand the global food and nutrition situation. Please help the World Food Programme (WFP) raise awareness by sharing these facts on Twitter.
21 July 2015
In late June, several new Ebola cases were discovered in Liberia, nearly two months after Liberia was declared Ebola-free. The World Food Programme (WFP) mobilised its response immediately, dispatching food to the affected areas within 24 hours to support community efforts to self-contain and prevent further spread of the virus.
14 June 2015
“My family, my friends felt like I had signed my own death certificate by merely deciding to come here (Ebola treatment centre). These are fellow human beings just like us who need help. So that kind of compelled me as well, to take part in this fight and I like it.” – Riky Kufa, Head of Moyamba Sub Office, Sierra Leone.
1 June 2015
Though Liberia was recently declared Ebola-free, WFP continues to provide assistance to communities affected by Ebola in order to transition them out of crisis and into recovery. This support comes in a variety of ways, tailored to fit the needs of the community on the ground.
28 May 2015
Doctors, nurses, surveillance teams, psycho-social experts, logisticians, epidemiologists, researchers, drivers, laboratory technicians, managers of Ebola Treatment Units, civil servants at the Ministries of Health, employees of Ebola Response command centres in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea all have one thing in common: they have joined forces to defeat Ebola. Getting to zero cases is possible.
17 March 2015
Six months after the United Nations Security Council declared Ebola a threat to international peace and security, the Emergency Telecommunications (ET) Cluster in Sierra Leone is providing Internet connectivity for 65 medical institutions in the country. That number continues to grow every week.
10 March 2015
Although progress has been made, we are not out of this devastating crisis yet. WFP and its partners continue to remain vigilant and provide the support needed to achieve zero cases across all Ebola-affected countries. You might have not seen much about Ebola in the media of late. Here is, in brief, our latest news:
28 January 2015
What happens when you combine a hundred thousand individuals, the World Food Programme, the China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation (CFPA) and one of the world’s largest Internet companies? They set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORD within a day!
27 January 2015
Here's the story of Sister Maria and 541 "Ebola orphans". Thanks to her work and the food provided by WFP, these children have now found an alternative source of sustenance after their parents have passed away.
22 December 2014
- One Planet: Bananas and the global food chain Source: BBC
- The Liberian Dialogue: WFP gives “ownership” to education ministry: other partners to follow Source: The Liberian Dialogue
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Liberia's President Sirleaf: 'We've made progress but there's much more to do' Source: The Guardian
- Liberia: 'Much More to Do', Says Johnson Sirleaf Source: All Africa
- 23 July 2015 Hungry Planet: Episode 41
- 22 February 2015 Liberia: WFP Helps Communities Transition Out of Ebola Crisis
- 17 December 2014 Ebola Leaves Hundreds of Thousands Facing Hunger (For the Media)
- 24 November 2014 Liberia: Inside A Food Distribution