16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
2 September 2007
Floods across southern Africa are wreaking havoc for tens of thousands of people caught by rising water that has washed away crops, homes and claimed the lives of dozens of people, WFP has said.
3 August 2007
WFP has expressed deep concern over erratic weather patterns in southern Africa which have devastated harvest prospects for millions of people, and could spell yet another year of widespread food shortages.
24 April 2007
WFP has said it had started flying desperately needed food and other humanitarian supplies by helicopter to 20,000 people in northwestern Madagascar isolated after one of the worst cyclone seasons in years.
20 March 2007
WFP has welcomed a donation of US$800,000 from the Norwegian Government to ensure that food assistance reaches tens of thousands of people hit by a series of cyclones and storms over the past three months – including the latest, Indlala, which struck the northeast last Thursday.
15 February 2007
WFP has said a WFP-chartered helicopter had started rescue and food delivery missions in central Mozambique where the worst flooding in years has forced an estimated 85,000 people to flee their homes.
2 January 2005
Johannesburg WFP starts sending supplies of emergency rice to immediately assist thousands of people affected by Cyclone Ernest and the ensuing tropical storm that has struck south west Madagascar.
16 March 2004
Antananarivo - As part of its response to Cyclone Gafilo which has hit Madagascar twice in the past ten days, WFP announces that it is sending a first shipment of 20 tonnes of food aid for up to 1,000 people who have been stranded by rising flood waters in the south-west.
4 January 2004
Johannesburg - Tens of thousands of people affected by a devastating cyclone in Madagascar have received vital food aid rations thanks to the successful cooperation between a South African relief team and WFP.
- Tropical Cyclone Haruna hits southwestern Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Locust invasion threatens underfunded Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Food-for-work scheme helps Malagasy forests and people Source: IRIN
- MADAGASCAR: Funding gap threatens school lunches Source: IRIN
- Combating child malnutrition in Madagascar Source: IRIN
- 24 April 2015 Keeping Hunger At Bay In Drought-hit Southern Madagascar
- 4 February 2015 Helping Households Hit By Madagascar Storm
- 10 November 2014 Madagascar's Minister Of Education Visits The South
- 29 October 2014 Improving Mothers' Health And Nutrition In Madagascar