7 September 2009
Food assistance enables millions of people in southern Africa to cope with the impact of HIV/AIDS, high food prices and natural disasters. But with WFP facing an unprecedented budget shortfall, many risk losing this critical support.
16 February 2009
WFP in Madagascar has recently had to deal with a complicated political situation and a cyclone. In this short Q&A, WFP Country Director Krystyna Bednarska explains how WFP was affected by the first and how it is responding to the second.
18 September 2008
Tens of thousands of poor, hungry children will soon start to enjoy a nutritious daily meal in class after the Government of Madagascar funded a massive expansion of a school feeding programme.
27 February 2008
The World Food Programme (WFP) has begun providing emergency food assistance to tens of thousands of people affected by the cyclone Ivan, which devastated large parts of Madagascar last week.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
- Tropical Cyclone Haruna hits southwestern Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Locust invasion threatens underfunded Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Food-for-work scheme helps Malagasy forests and people Source: IRIN
- MADAGASCAR: Funding gap threatens school lunches Source: IRIN
- Combating child malnutrition in Madagascar Source: IRIN
- 4 February 2015 Helping Households Hit By Madagascar Storm
- 10 November 2014 Madagascar's Minister Of Education Visits The South
- 29 October 2014 Improving Mothers' Health And Nutrition In Madagascar
- 27 November 2013 European Union Helps School Meals In Madagascar