2 November 2010
Nine walks took place in the Mulanje District of Malawi against the backdrop of scenic Mt. Mulanje. There were 11,414 participants in total, including hundreds of school children and several members of the Malawi National Football Team.
2 July 2010
For the first time ever in Malawi a farmers’ organization, made up of over 95,000 smallholder farmers, has won a competitive bid this week for the World Food Programme.
7 June 2010
ROME– Tens of thousands of people yesterday took to the streets in cities around the world to show their support for the work of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the fight against global hunger.
2 February 2009
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
2 September 2007
Floods across southern Africa are wreaking havoc for tens of thousands of people caught by rising water that has washed away crops, homes and claimed the lives of dozens of people, WFP has said.
28 August 2007
WFP has bought more than two million tons of food on local markets in Southern Africa in the last five years – the equivalent of providing 12 million hungry people with a full food basket for an entire year.
15 February 2007
WFP has said a WFP-chartered helicopter had started rescue and food delivery missions in central Mozambique where the worst flooding in years has forced an estimated 85,000 people to flee their homes.
13 December 2006
The future of southern Africa is dependent upon governments in the region halting the effects of HIV/AIDS and ensuring orphans receive good nutrition, education and care, said James T. Morris, the U.N. Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
- Malawi- Angola: Food crises and response Source: IRIN
- Over 3.5 million people in drought-hit areas of Africa to receive food relief from UN Source: UN News Centre
- Malawi shifts focus to nutrition and new crops to tackle food crisis Source: The Guardian
- West Africa: After the drought, floods - and harvest worries Source: IRIN
- WFP appeals for $30 mln to feed Malawi Source: Reuters
- 13 December 2012 Poor Malawi Farmers Receive Cash Through Mobile Phone
- 30 November 2012 South Africa Crisis (For The Media)
- 23 November 2012 WFP Responds To A Drought In Malawi