23 May 2006
Last year, WFP's webeditor Chris Endean went on a mission to Malawi, reporting on the the HIV epidemic and the food crisis. In a follow up story, WFP spokesperson Patricia Lucas returns to the village of Njoho to see what has changed.
10 May 2006
Deputy Foreign Minister Evripidis Stylianidis has announced a new donation of €1.2 million and signed an agreement with WFP reinforcing Greece’s increasing commitment to meet humanitarian needs around the globe.
7 February 2006
James T. Morris, the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa, has applauded the support shown by donors in helping millions of Malawians survive a major food crisis.
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
5 December 2005
A new centre set up by WFP and TNT at a busy border crossing between Malawi and Mozambique is providing information and medical advice to the truckers in transit, a high-risk mobile community. WFP spokesperson Stephanie Savariaud reports.
28 October 2005
25 October 2005
21 October 2005
19 October 2005
5 September 2005
- Britain, WFP bail out million of Malawians from hunger Source: Nyasa Times
- Malawi must reassess its agricultural policies to break cycle of poverty – UN expert Source: UN News Centre
- Africa food crisis: UK pledges £35m to Malawi and Zimbabwe Source: BBC News
- Malawi- Angola: Food crises and response Source: IRIN
- Over 3.5 million people in drought-hit areas of Africa to receive food relief from UN Source: UN News Centre