16 August 2005
Bamako WFP increases its emergency appeal for Mali in order to feed an additional 175,000 children in the hardest-hit parts of the country and avoid it slipping into a humanitarian crisis similar to neighbouring Niger.
22 June 2005
Dakar - In advance of the international donor countries meeting for the G8 at Gleneagles, Scotland, WFP warns that less than US$10 million could tilt the balance from despair to hope for the most vulnerable victims of the current food crisis in two of the world\'s poorest countries: Niger and Mali.
7 June 2005
Gleneagles - As the leaders of the most powerful nations in the world gather in Gleneagles for the G8 Summit, WFP is urging them to remember a simple fact: hunger and malnutrition are still the world\'s biggest killers, taking the lives of more people every year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
8 May 2005
Rome - As donors scramble to respond to Niger's food crisis six months after WFP launched its original appeal, the agency urges the international community not to make the same mistake with other countries in the Sahel region, and Mali in particular.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
22 March 2005
Dakar - WFP is appealing for US$10 million to ensure the double ravages of drought and a locust invasion do not combine to destroy the livelihoods of over 800,000 vulnerable people living in Mali and Niger.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
21 December 2004
Rome In the wake of recent threats from Desert Locusts, FAO and WFP release the results of joint assessment missions to Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal.
- Mali receives pledge of 520 million euros from EU Source: Euronews
- Mali: UN food agency ‘urgently working’ to aid communities despite insecurity Source: UN News Centre
- WFP grants food assistance to one million Malians Source: Afrique Jet
- Head of UN food aid agency urges support for Mali and entire Sahel region Source: UN News Centre
- Mali and Mauritania: War, Drought and School Meals Source: Yahoo! Voices
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 24 January 2014 Mali: Displaced Families Empowered By Cash Transfers