21 April 2006
Following his recent visit to WFP school feeding projects in Mali, Poland's quadruple gold medallist Robert Korzeniowski makes an impassioned plea to his fellow sportsmen to use their international profiles to keep Africa's hungry children on the international agenda
7 April 2006
One of Poland’s most famous athletes, Olympic gold-medallist Robert Korzeniowski starts a three day visit to Mali, where he will witness first-hand how WFP helps children.
4 October 2005
WFP welcomes a donation of US$1.8 million by the Government of Turkey that has been earmarked for six West African countries, all in urgent need of food aid.
5 September 2005
3 August 2005
In a special article for WFP, Desmond Tutu, archbishop emeritus of Cape Town and Nobel prize winne, warns that there are other "Nigers" waiting to happen on the African continent.
- Mali receives pledge of 520 million euros from EU Source: Euronews
- Mali: UN food agency ‘urgently working’ to aid communities despite insecurity Source: UN News Centre
- WFP grants food assistance to one million Malians Source: Afrique Jet
- Head of UN food aid agency urges support for Mali and entire Sahel region Source: UN News Centre
- Mali and Mauritania: War, Drought and School Meals Source: Yahoo! Voices
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 24 January 2014 Mali: Displaced Families Empowered By Cash Transfers
- 24 October 2013 WFP Brings Work And Nutrition To Bear On Hunger In Mali