8 May 2005
Rome - As donors scramble to respond to Niger's food crisis six months after WFP launched its original appeal, the agency urges the international community not to make the same mistake with other countries in the Sahel region, and Mali in particular.
8 April 2005
Ankara - WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$1.8 million from the Republic of Turkey which will go to assist the agency\'s operations in Niger, Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
17 January 2005
Nouakchott WFP appeals for immediate food aid for 400,000 people in Mauritania, where locusts and drought have obliterated agricultural production -- the cornerstone of families\' survival here.
21 December 2004
Rome In the wake of recent threats from Desert Locusts, FAO and WFP release the results of joint assessment missions to Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal.
- Mali and Mauritania: War, Drought and School Meals Source: Yahoo! Voices
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- At meeting in Rome, UN officials stress link between food security and peace in Sahel Source: UN News Centre
- Building Resilience Key to Restoring Sahel Food Security Source: VOA News