21 March 2014
MAPUTO – The Government of Japan has confirmed a contribution of US$400,000 to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Mozambique. The funds will be used to strengthen WFP’s local procurement and enable the establishment of a home-grown school feeding programme in the country.
7 March 2014
MAPUTO – Every year, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) provides more than eleven million schoolgirls with food to help keep them in education and around three million vulnerable women with special nutritional support. This year, on International Women’s Day (March 8), WFP is celebrating how empowering women can boost global efforts to end hunger.
17 September 2013
MAPUTO – Farm animals and low-tech equipment – including ox carts, animal-drawn ploughs and bicycles – are to be delivered to smallholder farmers in Manica and Tete Provinces by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The purchase of the machinery has been made possible by a donation of some US$54,000 from USAID.
11 July 2013
MAPUTO – Thanks to a contribution of €3.7 million (US$ 4.7 million) from the Belgian Fund for Food Security and Nutrition (BFFS), the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is able to continue its food security and nutrition programme in Mozambique’s flood-affected Gaza Province.
17 October 2012
WFP celebrates World Food Day (16 October) by reaffirming its commitment to helping communities overcome food insecurity. In Mozambique, WFP works with its partners so smallholders can improve the quality of their produce and gain better market access. WFP also supports asset creation and social safety nets in the fight against hunger in Mozambique.
16 August 2012
UN REACH, a new United Nations initiative in Mozambique aimed at strengthening the Government’s capacity to scale up food and nutrition interventions, was launched this week. This is the latest step in a series of promising actions to tackle the country’s high levels of stunting.
28 May 2012
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) signed a landmark agreement in Botswana on 25 May 2012 to work together to fight food insecurity in the 15 member countries of the SADC region of southern Africa.
21 February 2012
The Government is Brazil is providing $2 375 000 for a new local food purchase programme to be set up by FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) to benefit farmers and vulnerable populations in five African countries – Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Niger and Senegal.
30 November 2010
MAPUTO – Mozambique was today hailed for its pioneering role in supporting the UN World Food Programme’s innovative Purchase for Progress (P4P) initiative that helps connect small scale farmers to markets as well as improving the quality and supply of their products.
17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- Seasonal Monitor
- Mozambique PRRO 200355 Assistance to Vulnerable Groups and Disaster Affected Populations: An Operation Evaluation
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique CP 200286 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food