16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
28 August 2007
WFP has bought more than two million tons of food on local markets in Southern Africa in the last five years – the equivalent of providing 12 million hungry people with a full food basket for an entire year.
3 August 2007
WFP has expressed deep concern over erratic weather patterns in southern Africa which have devastated harvest prospects for millions of people, and could spell yet another year of widespread food shortages.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
20 February 2007
WFP has said that it would like to buy locally as much food as possible for 120,000 people already affected by flooding in central Mozambique but stressed that cash donations were crucial.
15 February 2007
WFP has said a WFP-chartered helicopter had started rescue and food delivery missions in central Mozambique where the worst flooding in years has forced an estimated 85,000 people to flee their homes.
15 December 2006
James T Morris, the U.N. Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa urges the humanitarian sector in Mozambique to redouble its efforts to ensure the basic needs of orphans and vulnerable children are met.
13 December 2006
The future of southern Africa is dependent upon governments in the region halting the effects of HIV/AIDS and ensuring orphans receive good nutrition, education and care, said James T. Morris, the U.N. Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
30 November 2006
WFP has announced that unless it receives new contributions urgently it will be forced to halt food distributions to 90,000 orphans and vulnerable children in Namibia by the second half of December because of a critical shortage of funding.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- Mozambique PRRO 200355 Assistance to Vulnerable Groups and Disaster Affected Populations: An Operation Evaluation
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique CP 200286 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique - Review of the Evolution of Basic Food Prices, 2013
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food