9 December 2005
Some 40,000 school children in Mozambique will soon be ‘spinning’ into a healthier future with clean drinking water and sanitation facilities thanks to a new initiative unveiled today by WFP, the Dutch logistics company TNT, and UNICEF.
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
13 October 2005
11 October 2005
WFP welcomes a donation of 500,000 Euros (14.7 billion Meticais) from the Irish Government which will be used to assist Mozambicans affected by the country’s fourth consecutive year of drought.
9 September 2005
31 August 2005
Soaring maize prices in several southern African countries are causing WFP serious concern as it struggles to provide food to the most needy people while faced with a huge funding shortfall.
15 August 2005
Johannesburg WFP applauds the United States for making an early and generous donation of more than US$50 million to the agency\'s feeding programmes in southern Africa where more than 10 million people are in urgent need of food assistance.
7 July 2005
Johannesburg - More than 10 million people will need humanitarian assistance in six countries across southern Africa over the coming year following yet another year of poor agricultural production caused by erratic weather together with late, and in some cases unaffordable inputs, such as fertilizer and seeds, two UN agencies and the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) warn.
30 June 2005
United Nations, New York With one African in three malnourished, the prevalence of hunger is an accurate barometer for the level of social instability in the continent, warned WFP Executive Director James T. Morris.
10 April 2005
WFP and FAO welcome an extremely generous 140 million rand (US$21.5 million) contribution from the Republic of South Africa to the agencies’ operations in southern Africa.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food
- 14 February 2013 WFP, IFAD & FAO Team Up In Mozambique
- 29 January 2013 Floods Hit Southern Mozambique