28 June 2006
WFP has warned that despite better harvests across southern Africa, more than three million people will remain short of food because of chronic vulnerability caused by grinding poverty and the world’s highest rates of HIV/AIDS.
2 February 2006
9 December 2005
Some 40,000 school children in Mozambique will soon be ‘spinning’ into a healthier future with clean drinking water and sanitation facilities thanks to a new initiative unveiled today by WFP, the Dutch logistics company TNT, and UNICEF.
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
13 October 2005
11 October 2005
WFP welcomes a donation of 500,000 Euros (14.7 billion Meticais) from the Irish Government which will be used to assist Mozambicans affected by the country’s fourth consecutive year of drought.
9 September 2005
31 August 2005
Soaring maize prices in several southern African countries are causing WFP serious concern as it struggles to provide food to the most needy people while faced with a huge funding shortfall.
15 August 2005
Johannesburg WFP applauds the United States for making an early and generous donation of more than US$50 million to the agency\'s feeding programmes in southern Africa where more than 10 million people are in urgent need of food assistance.
7 July 2005
Johannesburg - More than 10 million people will need humanitarian assistance in six countries across southern Africa over the coming year following yet another year of poor agricultural production caused by erratic weather together with late, and in some cases unaffordable inputs, such as fertilizer and seeds, two UN agencies and the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) warn.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- Seasonal Monitor
- Mozambique PRRO 200355 Assistance to Vulnerable Groups and Disaster Affected Populations: An Operation Evaluation
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique CP 200286 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food