18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
11 January 2005
21 October 2004
Brussels - WFP today launched an appeal for US$404 million to support a monthly average of 1.5 million people in five southern African countries ravaged by the "triple threat" of food shortages, high HIV/AIDS rates and weakened capacity for governance.
27 September 2004
Maputo For the first time in its ongoing emergency operation in Mozambique, WFP has purchased 100 tons of maize from a Mozambican farmer\'s cooperative in Manica province. The maize will be used as food aid in the districts of Tambara, Guro and Macossa, where WFP is assisting vulnerable people suffering from the second year of drought.
18 June 2004
Maputo The United Nations, the Government of Mozambique, and non-government organisations must strengthen efforts to tackle the country\'s spiraling HIV/AIDS rate before the virus exacts an irreversible toll, warns James T. Morris, the UN Secretary-General\'s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food
- 14 February 2013 WFP, IFAD & FAO Team Up In Mozambique
- 29 January 2013 Floods Hit Southern Mozambique