21 January 2009
"Now that I have a secure buyer, I will grow a lot more beans,” says one farmer who is benefitting from WFP's innovative Purchase for Progress (P4P) programme.
17 March 2008
The Government of Mozambique has requested that the World Food Programme (WFP) provides emergency food assistance for one month to 60,000 people affected by cyclone Jokwe in the northern province of Nampula.
15 February 2008
Dry and dusty fields in Mozambique become lush carpets of green thanks to a WFP supported irrigation project. WFP spokesperson Ralf Suedhoff looks at how poor communities can fight the devastating effects of climate change with a little bit of help.
22 January 2008
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) began relief flights today to provide vital humanitarian assistance to tens of thousands of people affected by the extensive flooding along the Zambezi valley in central Mozambique.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
19 February 2007
Mozambique is reeling from massive floods after the Zambezi river broke its banks. WFP spokesperson Michael Huggins took a trip to the disaster area.
8 December 2006
James T. Morris, the U.N. Special Envoy for Southern Africa, on Saturday praised the Government of Malawi, UN agencies, and non-government organizations (NGOs) for helping to stave off food crises in the last few years but urged all actors to now embrace other challenges facing the country.
27 November 2006
WFP and partner, TNT, have joined the HIV/AIDS frontline in Malawi by opening a clinic for truckers to identify and treat sexually transmitted infections. Robin Landis, HIV/AIDS Programme Adviser at WFP, looks at how the Muyende Bwino pit stop helps this hard to reach group.
10 January 2006
Track and field fans will have a unique chance to buy their own piece of sporting history from 16-26 January when the IAAF auctions off memorabilia from some of athletics' most famous moments through the Internet.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food
- 14 February 2013 WFP, IFAD & FAO Team Up In Mozambique
- 29 January 2013 Floods Hit Southern Mozambique