31 January 2012
Mozambique is no stranger to floods. Twelve years ago, flood waters killed hundreds of people in the central region of the country. This time around, Mozambique was better prepared.
14 June 2011
High food prices over the past year and growing concern over the effects of climate change have combined to put global food security at the top of the international agenda. A growing consensus among experts and policy makers is that a part of that solution lies in the hands of smallholder farmers.
21 March 2011
The World Food Programme has joined a new action plan by the Mozambican government to bring down one of Africa's highest rates of chronic malnutrition.
7 September 2009
Food assistance enables millions of people in southern Africa to cope with the impact of HIV/AIDS, high food prices and natural disasters. But with WFP facing an unprecedented budget shortfall, many risk losing this critical support.
21 January 2009
"Now that I have a secure buyer, I will grow a lot more beans,” says one farmer who is benefitting from WFP's innovative Purchase for Progress (P4P) programme.
17 March 2008
The Government of Mozambique has requested that the World Food Programme (WFP) provides emergency food assistance for one month to 60,000 people affected by cyclone Jokwe in the northern province of Nampula.
15 February 2008
Dry and dusty fields in Mozambique become lush carpets of green thanks to a WFP supported irrigation project. WFP spokesperson Ralf Suedhoff looks at how poor communities can fight the devastating effects of climate change with a little bit of help.
22 January 2008
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) began relief flights today to provide vital humanitarian assistance to tens of thousands of people affected by the extensive flooding along the Zambezi valley in central Mozambique.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food
- 14 February 2013 WFP, IFAD & FAO Team Up In Mozambique