27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
19 February 2007
Mozambique is reeling from massive floods after the Zambezi river broke its banks. WFP spokesperson Michael Huggins took a trip to the disaster area.
8 December 2006
James T. Morris, the U.N. Special Envoy for Southern Africa, on Saturday praised the Government of Malawi, UN agencies, and non-government organizations (NGOs) for helping to stave off food crises in the last few years but urged all actors to now embrace other challenges facing the country.
27 November 2006
WFP and partner, TNT, have joined the HIV/AIDS frontline in Malawi by opening a clinic for truckers to identify and treat sexually transmitted infections. Robin Landis, HIV/AIDS Programme Adviser at WFP, looks at how the Muyende Bwino pit stop helps this hard to reach group.
10 January 2006
Track and field fans will have a unique chance to buy their own piece of sporting history from 16-26 January when the IAAF auctions off memorabilia from some of athletics' most famous moments through the Internet.
28 December 2005
WFP welcomes the arrival of the M/V Asian Hope, carrying 5,250 metric tons tonnes of rice from the Japanese Government to support Mozambicans affected by the drought.
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
21 December 2005
WFP has welcomed two vessels carrying 7,500 tonnes of rice from the Algerian Government to support Mozambicans affected by the drought.
5 December 2005
A new centre set up by WFP and TNT at a busy border crossing between Malawi and Mozambique is providing information and medical advice to the truckers in transit, a high-risk mobile community. WFP spokesperson Stephanie Savariaud reports.
- Humanitarian appeal for flood-hit Mozambique: $30.5M Source: Devex
- Mozambique 'to evacuate thousands' because of flooding Source: BBC News
- Mozambique's 'growth corridor' hopes to tackle poverty and turn a profit Source: The Guardian
- Climate Change: Watch out for the roads Source: IRIN
- WFP to feed 80,000 after Mozambique floods Source: AFP
- Mozambique PRRO 200355 Assistance to Vulnerable Groups and Disaster Affected Populations: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique CP 200286 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Mozambique - Review of the Evolution of Basic Food Prices, 2013
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 25 March 2013 SADC Countries Help Somalia
- 14 February 2013 WFP Responds To Flooding In Mozambique With Locally-Grown Food