4 April 2005
Bangkok - One hundred days after the 26 December tsunami ripped through the Indian Ocean, WFP is back in emergency mode to get urgently needed relief to more than 200,000 victims of Indonesia\'s latest earthquake.
31 March 2005
Dubai, UAE - WFP welcomes a US$1 million donation from the Sharjah government to finance food aid assistance in Myanmar, South-East Asia.
14 September 2004
Bangkok A top WFP official calls on the government of Myanmar to step up its efforts toward social and economic reforms for the benefit of the country\'s desperately poor and needy people.
19 March 2004
Yangon - Expanding its global campaign to fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic, WFP starts distributing food for the first time to families stricken with the virus in Myanmar, where infection rates are among the highest in Southeast Asia.
- Pushed from Burma, Stateless Rohingya Flee by Boat Source: Time Magazine
- Myanmar: An aid worker's diary Source: CNN
- Interview with Vijay Nambiar, Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on Myanmar Source: UN News Centre
- Muslims fleeing sectarian violence in Burma drown as crisis deepens Source: The Guardian
- Flooding in Myanmar forces thousands to flee Source: CNN
- 11 November 2013 Myanmar: Displaced Families In Rakhine State Need Food Assistance
- 25 October 2013 WFP In Myanmar (For The Media)
- 24 July 2013 Myanmar: Scenes From Myebon IDP Camp