14 March 2010
In a busy office in downtown Kathmandu, young Nepalese are using state-of-the-art technology to create special effects for a Hollywood remake of the cult movie classic "Straw Dogs". (..) Animation allows much more creative input, and Joshi says he most enjoys working on local projects, such as a recent series of short animated films promoting the work of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in Nepal.
11 March 2010
The poor summer harvest, which led to a grain deficit of up to 400,000 metric tons representing around 7.5 per cent of the total cereal grain requirement, is likely to result rising food prices until the next winter harvest. (..) In the markets regularly monitored by the World Food Programme and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, the average price of coarse rice in February was Rs. 31 per kg as compared to Rs. 32 during the previous month.
5 March 2010
The United States has provided an assistance of USD 5 million to Nepal for the U.N. World Food Program's (WFP) operations in the Himalayan country as a part of its 2009 commitment.
4 March 2010
United States has provided an assistance of USD 5 million to Nepal to supply 3,500 tons of staple food to country's poorest. (..) The assistance is a part of its earlier commitment made in 2009 under the World Food Programme (WFP).
18 February 2010
Amidst fruitless multiple rounds of elusive political deliberations in Kathmandu, a large swathe of population in the rural areas is either facing starvation or is in danger of encountering one soon. (..) Food crisis is acute in the mid- and far-western regions. In fact, last July, the UN World Food Program (WFP) reported that starvation in these regions is as severe as in Congo and Ethiopia.
11 February 2010
The price of staple food items remained relatively stable across the country due to the harvest of summer crop during the first month of this year. (..) In the markets regularly monitored by WFP and MoAC, the average price of coarse rice in December was Rs. 32 per kilo (..).
29 January 2010
UN World Food Programme (WFP) on Friday said, it has received donations totaling US$14 million that will enable more than 1.2 million people in Nepal to receive vital food supplies for the next three months.
12 January 2010
The winter drought, following a poor monsoon, has increased food insecurity and malnutrition in the country, reported the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, Nepal.(..)WFP had been providing food assistance to 1.6 million highly food insecure people across more than 30 districts in Nepal.
23 December 2009
Just by clicking on a mouse and playing online games, some gamers helped raise $50,000 to defray education expenses for needy students.(..) The idea had come from CDC staff and volunteers inspired by the United Nations World Food Programme charity site, www.freerice.com.
23 December 2009
The United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) is allocating US$ 6 million (NRs 468 million) to the UN World Food Programme (WFP) to provide urgently needed humanitarian food assistance to more than 600,000 people in Nepal.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- Annual Evaluation Report 2013
- Nepal - Market Watch, 2014
- Synthesis of the Evaluation of the Impact of Food for Assets 2002-2011 and Lessons for Building Livelihoods Resilience
- Nepal - Crop Situation Update: A Joint Assessment of the 2013 Summer Crops and Outlook of 2013/14 Winter Crops, February 2014
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women
- 11 July 2012 Nepal: Villagers Shift Away From Traditional Farming