16 May 2013
KATHMANDU - The Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction (MoPR) together with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and German development agency Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), today inaugurated a new road that connects remote villages of Baitadi district in far-western Nepal, providing communities with better access to markets, health centres, schools and other key facilities.
5 March 2013
DAR ES SALAAM – Early this morning, an all-female climbing team supported by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in Tanzania reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain.
15 October 2012
KATHMANDU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) honours World Food Day (16 October) by reaffirming its dedication to work with communities, civil society, governments and the private sector to end hunger in our lifetimes.
15 June 2012
A generous US$6 million (Rs. 536.58 million) annual contribution for three consecutive years (2011-2013) made by the USDA through McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition grant to WFP’s School Feeding Programme in Nepal will be used to provide mid-day meals for 210,000 children at 1800 pre-primary and primary schools in 11 districts of the mid- and far-western regions.
24 August 2010
The Government of Nepal, through the Ministry of Local Development (MoLD), has generously provided US$35.8 million to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to continue its fight against hunger and undernutrition. The aim is to strengthen rural livelihoods for approximately 490,000 Nepalese in districts where people struggle to get enough food to live a healthy life.
31 May 2009
27 August 2008
WFP in Nepal announced today it was mobilizing emergency food assistance for 50,000 people displaced by floods in the eastern Terai districts of Nepal.
3 July 2008
The award-winning Internet word game FreeRice has revealed a surprising staying power as a web phenomenon and six months after its birth has now generated 21 billion grains of rice for the world’s hungry.
14 February 2008
A former beneficiary of the United Nations World Food Programme’s school feeding programme is to join the largest team of all-Nepali women to climb Mt Everest this spring.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- 11 July 2012 Nepal: Villagers Shift Away From Traditional Farming
- 9 July 2012 Nepal: Donor's Mission In Remote Schools
- 17 February 2012 Nepal: Better Education Through School Meals
- 1 February 2012 Nepal: Mother and Child Health Care