22 September 2014
KATHMANDU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has participated in the eighth annual Kathmandu Marathon to highlight the importance of school meals programmes in fighting hunger. WFP has been supporting the school meals programme of the Government of Nepal since 1996.
19 September 2014
KATHMANDU – Fourteen-year-old Dhan Bahadur Bohara of Bajhang district of Nepal has been named as one of the winners in a global children's design competition, organised by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
4 March 2014
KATHMANDU – The United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) has made a contribution of £2 million (NPR 328.8 million) to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Nepal to boost national capacity to respond to a major earthquake in the Kathmandu Valley.
16 May 2013
KATHMANDU - The Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction (MoPR) together with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and German development agency Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), today inaugurated a new road that connects remote villages of Baitadi district in far-western Nepal, providing communities with better access to markets, health centres, schools and other key facilities.
5 March 2013
DAR ES SALAAM – Early this morning, an all-female climbing team supported by the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in Tanzania reached the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain.
14 October 2012
KATHMANDU – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) honours World Food Day (16 October) by reaffirming its dedication to work with communities, civil society, governments and the private sector to end hunger in our lifetimes.
15 June 2012
A generous US$6 million (Rs. 536.58 million) annual contribution for three consecutive years (2011-2013) made by the USDA through McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition grant to WFP’s School Feeding Programme in Nepal will be used to provide mid-day meals for 210,000 children at 1800 pre-primary and primary schools in 11 districts of the mid- and far-western regions.
24 August 2010
The Government of Nepal, through the Ministry of Local Development (MoLD), has generously provided US$35.8 million to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to continue its fight against hunger and undernutrition. The aim is to strengthen rural livelihoods for approximately 490,000 Nepalese in districts where people struggle to get enough food to live a healthy life.
31 May 2009
27 August 2008
WFP in Nepal announced today it was mobilizing emergency food assistance for 50,000 people displaced by floods in the eastern Terai districts of Nepal.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- FAO/WFP/UNICEF/WFP/WHO/DFATD Canada Joint Evaluation of Renewed Effort Against Child Hunger and Under-nutrition (REACH): A Strategic Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- Climate risk and food security in Nepal: Analysis of climate impacts on food security and livelihoods
- Nepal - Market Watch, 2014
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women