3 July 2008
The award-winning Internet word game FreeRice has revealed a surprising staying power as a web phenomenon and six months after its birth has now generated 21 billion grains of rice for the world’s hungry.
14 February 2008
A former beneficiary of the United Nations World Food Programme’s school feeding programme is to join the largest team of all-Nepali women to climb Mt Everest this spring.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
7 October 2007
WFP in Nepal is launching a US$49 million recovery programme to assist over 1.2 million people who continue to struggle daily with the effects of the recently ended eleven-year conflict between the Maoists and the Government.
26 September 2007
WFP and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Nepal will provide urgently needed humanitarian food aid and non-food items to 5,000 people displaced by communal violence across two districts in western Nepal.
8 September 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme warns that long term relief and recovery efforts will be needed for many of the estimated 25 million people that have been affected by severe flooding across south Asia, with huge areas of land under water in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
2 September 2007
WFP will extend its food aid operations in Nepal to communities in three drought-affected districts of the Eastern Terai – an area seized with political violence over the last month – as well as continuing assistance until the end of June to drought victims in the Mid- and Far-Western Regions.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
8 March 2007
WFP in Nepal has initiated an emergency humanitarian response to provide an estimated 60,000 flood-affected people with food aid for up to three months.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- Seasonal Monitor
- FAO/WFP/UNICEF/WFP/WHO/DFATD Canada Joint Evaluation of Renewed Effort Against Child Hunger and Under-nutrition (REACH): A Strategic Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Nepal - Market Watch, 2014
- Climate risk and food security in Nepal: Analysis of climate impacts on food security and livelihoods
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women