2 September 2007
WFP will extend its food aid operations in Nepal to communities in three drought-affected districts of the Eastern Terai – an area seized with political violence over the last month – as well as continuing assistance until the end of June to drought victims in the Mid- and Far-Western Regions.
29 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on Friday welcomed US government contributions in June totaling $62 million to feed people confronting humanitarian crises across 13 countries in Africa and one in Asia.
8 March 2007
WFP in Nepal has initiated an emergency humanitarian response to provide an estimated 60,000 flood-affected people with food aid for up to three months.
22 December 2006
WFP today warned that it will no longer be able to provide full food rations to more than 106,000 Bhutanese refugees living in camps in eastern Nepal from January 2007, unless there is an immediate infusion of funds from the international donor community.
9 November 2006
WFP this week began feeding survivors of recent flooding in the southwestern Terai region of Nepal -- nearly 80,000 people affected by extensive flooding believed to be cut off from regular access to food and shelter
23 June 2006
WFP has started transporting emergency food assistance to help communities in western Nepal hit by drought in an operation that is eventually expected to reach 225,000 people.
25 April 2006
With road travel severely curtailed, schools shut and major cities under curfew for the last three weeks, WFP in Nepal has not been able to deliver critically needed food aid to communities around the country, including to over half a million school children.
13 April 2006
WFP has appealed to all parties to allow safe passage for food convoys in Nepal.
4 April 2006
30 December 2005
With a contribution of a 4 million euros from the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO) for Pakistan, the European Commission (EC) provides its largest contribution since 1992 – some 214 million euros - to WFP operations around the globe in its effort to save lives and feed the hungry poor.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women