23 June 2006
WFP has started transporting emergency food assistance to help communities in western Nepal hit by drought in an operation that is eventually expected to reach 225,000 people.
25 April 2006
With road travel severely curtailed, schools shut and major cities under curfew for the last three weeks, WFP in Nepal has not been able to deliver critically needed food aid to communities around the country, including to over half a million school children.
13 April 2006
WFP has appealed to all parties to allow safe passage for food convoys in Nepal.
4 April 2006
30 December 2005
With a contribution of a 4 million euros from the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO) for Pakistan, the European Commission (EC) provides its largest contribution since 1992 – some 214 million euros - to WFP operations around the globe in its effort to save lives and feed the hungry poor.
9 October 2004
Kathmandu On her first visit to Nepal, WFP Deputy Executive Director, Sheila Sisulu, expressed concern over the impact of the country\'s conflict on the most vulnerable segments of the population, stressing that this severely hampers WFP\'s ability to provide them with food aid.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- Nepal - Market Watch, 2014
- Annual Evaluation Report 2013
- Synthesis of the Evaluation of the Impact of Food for Assets 2002-2011 and Lessons for Building Livelihoods Resilience
- Nepal - Crop Situation Update: A Joint Assessment of the 2013 Summer Crops and Outlook of 2013/14 Winter Crops, February 2014
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women
- 11 July 2012 Nepal: Villagers Shift Away From Traditional Farming