7 August 2007
WFP has begun distributing high energy biscuits and other food to victims of severe flooding in Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan and is preparing to step up its operations if requested by governments.
27 July 2007
A series of natural disasters in 2006 and 2007 have severely impacted on crop production in Nepal, placing a significant number of people at risk of food insecurity, according to the joint report released this week by the WFP and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
27 July 2007
WFP has thanked Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) for a generous €11.5 million contribution to development projects across the globe ranging from free school meals to nutritional support for people living with HIV and AIDS.
25 May 2007
WFP today welcomed a US$2 million donation from the United States to provide essential food aid to more than 108,000 Bhutanese refugees who have been in camps in eastern Nepal for the last 16 years.
4 April 2007
WFP has welcomed a €1.5 million donation to its Bhutanese refugee operation in Nepal from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO).
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
12 September 2006
As part of a major operation to feed tens of thousands of flood survivors in Nepal, WFP has fed an estimated 8,150 people in the western Banke District.
19 May 2006
In a global effort to eradicate hunger, WFP has called on people in well over one hundred countries to take to the streets and “Fight Hunger: Walk the World” on Sunday 21 May.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- FAO/WFP/UNICEF/WFP/WHO/DFATD Canada Joint Evaluation of Renewed Effort Against Child Hunger and Under-nutrition (REACH): A Strategic Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- Climate risk and food security in Nepal: Analysis of climate impacts on food security and livelihoods
- Nepal - Market Watch, 2014
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 10 June 2014 Nepal: Tackling Hunger Through Innovations
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women