4 April 2007
WFP has welcomed a €1.5 million donation to its Bhutanese refugee operation in Nepal from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO).
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
12 September 2006
As part of a major operation to feed tens of thousands of flood survivors in Nepal, WFP has fed an estimated 8,150 people in the western Banke District.
19 May 2006
In a global effort to eradicate hunger, WFP has called on people in well over one hundred countries to take to the streets and “Fight Hunger: Walk the World” on Sunday 21 May.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- 11 July 2012 Nepal: Villagers Shift Away From Traditional Farming
- 9 July 2012 Nepal: Donor's Mission In Remote Schools
- 17 February 2012 Nepal: Better Education Through School Meals
- 1 February 2012 Nepal: Mother and Child Health Care