30 January 2008
WFP staff often face challenges that call for quiet and persistent acts of bravery. Subhash Singh is one of those people. He spoke to Heather Hill about some hair-raising moments during his time working for WFP in Nepal.
10 January 2008
Nepal may be small, but the mountainous country presents vast logistical challenges to WFP. Country Director Richard Ragan talks to web writer Michelle Hough about the peace process and WFP's creative responses to Nepal's challenges.
14 September 2007
WFP has welcomed a €500,000 donation from the European Commission Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO) to its emergency operations to feed flood-affected people in Nepal.
7 August 2007
WFP has begun distributing high energy biscuits and other food to victims of severe flooding in Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan and is preparing to step up its operations if requested by governments.
27 July 2007
A series of natural disasters in 2006 and 2007 have severely impacted on crop production in Nepal, placing a significant number of people at risk of food insecurity, according to the joint report released this week by the WFP and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
27 July 2007
WFP has thanked Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) for a generous €11.5 million contribution to development projects across the globe ranging from free school meals to nutritional support for people living with HIV and AIDS.
25 May 2007
WFP today welcomed a US$2 million donation from the United States to provide essential food aid to more than 108,000 Bhutanese refugees who have been in camps in eastern Nepal for the last 16 years.
4 April 2007
WFP has welcomed a €1.5 million donation to its Bhutanese refugee operation in Nepal from the European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid department (ECHO).
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
12 September 2006
As part of a major operation to feed tens of thousands of flood survivors in Nepal, WFP has fed an estimated 8,150 people in the western Banke District.
- Nepalese women climbers set out to break male dominance of mountaineering by scaling 7 peaks Source: The Washington Post / AP
- How food keeps Nepalese children in education Source: BBC World Class
- Germany gives Rs 54m to WFP-Nepal Source: My Republica (Nepal)
- NEPAL: Gender discrimination fuels malnutrition Source: IRIN
- Food security situation remains stable Source: The Himalayan Times
- 9 January 2014 ECHO Visits Bhutanese Refugee Camps In Eastern Nepal
- 17 December 2013 Nepal: Village Water Project Lightens Burden On Women
- 11 July 2012 Nepal: Villagers Shift Away From Traditional Farming
- 9 July 2012 Nepal: Donor's Mission In Remote Schools