15 May 2013
World Food Programme (WFP) representatives in Nicaragua confirmed that the agency will continue to support the distribution of the school meals to a million children.
15 May 2013
This Monday started the second school meals distribution for one million 50 000 children in preschool and primary. “[News Article In Spanish]
18 January 2013
WFP Country Director, Helmut W. Rauch visited the Vice President of Nicaragua, Moisés Omar Halleslevens and had a talk about relevant issues to the country including food security and nutrition. [News Article In Spanish]
16 October 2012
[News article in Spanish] The Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA) and the World Food Programme signed an agreement to push joined efforts that will lead to higher agricultural productivity within Latin America and the Caribbean, in a way that would strengthen the access of its inhabitants towards healthy and better quality of foods. The General Director of IICA, Victor M. Villalobos, affirmed: “More than a document, this agreement is a commitment with all the countries where the IICA and WFP work together. We will also explore the posibilieties in other parts of the hemisphere in order to share our experiences, especially the ones we reach to work with farmers in a small scale.”. The Executive Director of World Food Programme, Erthain Cousin, seeks to consolidate the work of both organizations for the programme Purchase for Progress(P4P), which has been running in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua since 2009.
15 October 2012
Corn fields of Terrabona town, north Nicaragua October 11, 2012. The United Nation's World Food Programme (WFP) accompanies the Nicaraguan government's efforts to eradicate malnutrition and ensure basic human rights its citizens. Picture taken October 11, 2012. REUTERS/Oswaldo Rivas
24 September 2012
[News Article in Spanish] Over the last three years, thousands of Nicaraguan children have received a school meal with the helping hand of the Australian government. The Australian Ambassador to Mexico, Katrina Cooper, visited Las Joyas Primary School to witness how funds from the Australian Government are helping the WFP´s school feeding programme.
15 June 2012
Ertharin Cousin, the executive director of the United Nations (WFP), walks after arriving at Matiguas town, in northern Nicaragua, June 14, 2012. Communities from rural parts of the country benefited from a food programme organised by the WFP. Cousin will be in Nicaragua for three days to meet with President Daniel Ortega's government. (Photo)
28 October 2011
The NewsHour's global health unit is in Nicaragua this week reporting on the upcoming presidential election and efforts to provide a new life-saving vaccine to infants. (..) Barely scraping by is a way of life for many families here -- about 76 percent of the population survives on less than $2 a day, according to the U.N. World Food Programme.
- Nicaragua highlight efforts on nutrition Source: prensa latina
- Nicaragua: "We must invest in nutrition" Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- WFP Regional Director in Nicaragua Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- A Vaccinne Against Hunger Source: LA PRENSA
- Distributing products for school meals Source: La Voz del Sandinismo
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Global Food Security Update
- 24 April 2015 Nicaraguan Farmers Receive Support from Canada
- 5 March 2015 Women are the True Heroes of Humanitarian Work
- 30 September 2014 WFP And Nicaragua’s Army Prepare For Emergency Response