17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
13 September 2007
WFP has announced plans to issue a US$10.3 million emergency appeal to assist an estimated 80,000 victims, as rescue crews were reported stunned by the intensity of the destruction wrought by Hurricane Felix in northern Nicaragua.
9 May 2007
As emergency personnel from WFP began distributing food to victims of Hurricane Felix in northern Nicaragua, the agency expressed deep concern that the violent storm could soon threaten almost 1.5 million people, many in central Honduras.
9 May 2007
An emergency airlift of food aid from WFP has arrived in the Nicaraguan coastal town of Bilwi (formerly Puerto Cabezas) for distribution to hungry residents who bore some of the worst of Hurricane Felix’s punishing Tuesday landfall.
12 April 2007
Two major logistics companies, UPS and TNT, have joined forces for a humanitarian cause by offering free warehousing facilities to the United Nations Humanitarian Response Depots (UNHRD), run by the WFP in Ghana and Panama.
19 May 2005
Panama At the request of the Government of Panama, WFP is supporting a two-day Regional Technical Consultation meeting to coordinate the agendas of the fight against hunger and malnutrition in Latin America and the Caribbean.
18 April 2005
San Salvador - The Executive Director of WFP, James Morris, has called for continued support from the governments and the private sector in Central America to eradicate child hunger as the best way to overcome poverty in the region.
18 March 2005
Yokohama WFP welcomes an aid package of some JPY 1.954 billion (US$ 19 million) from the Japanese Government to assist refugees, internally displaced persons and victims of natural disasters and poverty in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- Nicaragua highlight efforts on nutrition Source: prensa latina
- Nicaragua: "We must invest in nutrition" Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- WFP Regional Director in Nicaragua Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- A Vaccinne Against Hunger Source: LA PRENSA
- Distributing products for school meals Source: La Voz del Sandinismo
- 5 March 2015 Women are the True Heroes of Humanitarian Work
- 30 September 2014 WFP And Nicaragua’s Army Prepare For Emergency Response
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 10 September 2014 Nicaragua Receives Japan’s Valuable Rice Contribution