7 September 2013
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) received a valuable contribution from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia under the guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to feed 151.000 Nicaraguan school children. The contribution of 136 Metric Tons of dates will complement the meals children receive through the School Feeding Programme.
23 August 2013
MANAGUA – The United Nations System in Nicaragua and its partner organizations held a forum entitled “From Words to Actions” and an informative fair during the celebration of World Humanitarian Day to promote the work and actions that the humanitarian community carries out in the country.
21 August 2013
Carlos Ortiz works at the WFP field office in Jinotega, Nicaragua. In this interview, he summarizes his work of bringing food to those affected by hurricanes, floods and droughts so they do not go hungry. On World Humanitarian Day, Carlos tells us about the exciting and terrifying moments of his job.
21 August 2013
Being a humanitarian allows Sabrina to practice the profession she loves: Journalism. Her written texts and photos allow her to capture the achievements, hopes, needs and feelings of thousands of Nicaraguans who participate in WFP projects. She believes WFP’s office in Nicaragua is set in “Emergency Mode" because there are always people in need of help.
2 August 2013
MANAGUA - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Government of Nicaragua dispatched today a second shipment of food to assist families affected by rains and floods in 25 communities inhabited mostly by indigenous Miskito, Municipality of Prinzapolka, in the North Atlantic Autonomous Region (RAAN) in the Nicaraguan Caribbean.
2 August 2013
The WFP Deputy Regional Director and Officer in Charge, Alzira Ferreira, and the Regional Director of Plan in the Americas, Roland Angerer, signed an agreement to work together to fight food insecurity to help the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, in Latin America and the Caribbean.
27 June 2013
ROME/VATICAN CITY – His Holiness Pope Francis this morning granted a private audience to Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The meeting took place immediately upon Cousin’s return from Syria and following her recent visit to Israel and Palestine.
11 June 2013
Brazil and Spain made an important donation of rice to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and to the Government of Nicaragua for its distribution among Nicaraguans affected by natural disasters.
17 May 2013
The National System for Disaster Prevention, Mitigation and Attention (SINAPRED) of Nicaragua, government institutions, the United Nations Emergency Technical Team (UNETE), participated in a Category 5 Hurricane simulation with the aim of strengthening the process of coordination and operations, combined with humanitarian assistance.
16 May 2013
More than 7,500 metric tons of food will ensure a healthy meal for students in public preschool and elementary schools over the next three months.
- Nicaragua highlight efforts on nutrition Source: prensa latina
- Nicaragua: "We must invest in nutrition" Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- WFP Regional Director in Nicaragua Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- A Vaccinne Against Hunger Source: LA PRENSA
- Distributing products for school meals Source: La Voz del Sandinismo
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Global Food Security Update
- 24 April 2015 Nicaraguan Farmers Receive Support from Canada
- 5 March 2015 Women are the True Heroes of Humanitarian Work
- 30 September 2014 WFP And Nicaragua’s Army Prepare For Emergency Response