10 November 2009
WFP estimates that as many as 10,000 people in El Salvador will need urgent food assistance in the coming days after heavy rains swept across the country, leaving more than 100 people dead and causing extensive damage.
23 July 2009
Nicaragua’s Coco River is a lifeline for the impoverished Miskito Indians who live along its shores – and the only way WFP can deliver food aid to a population still recovering from the deadly 2007 Hurricane Felix.
11 June 2009
Poor households all over the developing world are eating fewer and less nutritious meals and many are cutting back on healthcare and schooling for children, according to new WFP research on the effects of the financial crisis. Read WFP call to G8 ministers
6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
26 May 2008
High food prices are affecting millions of people across the world - most of all those living on the edge of poverty and hunger. For WFP, as an organisation enirely dependent on voluntary contributions, the impact of rising food and fuel prices represents nothing less than a global emergency.
2 August 2007
WFP has praised The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for its decision to allocate a set amount of its humanitarian budget to improving emergency preparedness in developing countries.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
27 February 2007
The Government of Japan announced today a major contribution of US$20.8 million (JPY2.52 billion) to WFP which will assist millions of vulnerable and chronically food insecure people in 13 countries spread throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
28 November 2005
31 October 2005
- Nicaragua highlight efforts on nutrition Source: prensa latina
- Nicaragua: "We must invest in nutrition" Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- WFP Regional Director in Nicaragua Source: La Prensa (Nicaragua)
- A Vaccinne Against Hunger Source: LA PRENSA
- Distributing products for school meals Source: La Voz del Sandinismo
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Global Food Security Update
- 24 April 2015 Nicaraguan Farmers Receive Support from Canada
- 5 March 2015 Women are the True Heroes of Humanitarian Work
- 30 September 2014 WFP And Nicaragua’s Army Prepare For Emergency Response