15 September 2005
9 September 2005
18 August 2005
Brussels - WFP welcomes a cash donation of five million euros from Belgium which will allow the agency to provide urgently needed food to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
17 August 2005
WFP steps up emergency distributions of food in Mauritania, including to 6,300 people suffering from serious food shortages in parts of the remote Hodh Chargui region.
16 August 2005
Bamako WFP increases its emergency appeal for Mali in order to feed an additional 175,000 children in the hardest-hit parts of the country and avoid it slipping into a humanitarian crisis similar to neighbouring Niger.
14 August 2005
Barcelona Soccer\'s reigning World Player of the Year Ronaldinho, the charismatic Brazilian renowned for his smile and his ability to score jaw-dropping goals, is to use his global celebrity to help WFP in its fight against child hunger, the agency announces.
27 July 2005
Rome - As the international humanitarian response to Niger's severe hunger crisis gathers pace, WFP announces that a series of airlifts will deliver life-saving emergency rations to feed 80,000 victims of the country\'s intensifying emergency.
21 July 2005
Rome In response to repeated appeals to the international community to help stave off the deepening hunger crisis in Niger, WFP announces that a much-needed airlift of food commodities from Réunir, a French aid agency, has arrived in Maradi, one of the hardest hit areas of the country.
10 July 2005
Though food distributions are improving conditions for thousands of people across the West African nation of Mauritania, WFP calls for greater international assistance to address worrying levels of malnutrition, particularly in the south and south-east of the country.
- Nigeria braced for potential food crisis as forecasters predict short rainy season Source: The Guardian
- Niger food crisis scheme offers local approach to recurring cycle of hunger Source: The Guardian
- Analysis: Slowing Nigerian grain trade threatens Sahel food security Source: IRIN News
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Niger PRRO 200583 Saving lives, protecting livelihoods and enhancing the resilience of chronically vulnerable populations: A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Seasonal Monitor
- 27 February 2015 WFP Stands By Nigerian Refugees Despite Growing Insecurity
- 10 February 2015 Nigeria Violence Drives Thousands Into Niger
- 9 February 2015 WFP Alarmed at Spread of Violence Into Niger (For the Media)
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together