19 September 2007
From West to East, some 1.5 million people have been caught in Africa's worst floods in decades. Use our quick guide to see how WFP is responding, region by region, country by country.
31 August 2007
WFP hs welcomed major US government contributions for August totaling US$69 million, aimed at feeding people in seven countries confronting humanitarian challenges ranging from severe drought to civil conflict.
2 August 2007
WFP has praised The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for its decision to allocate a set amount of its humanitarian budget to improving emergency preparedness in developing countries.
9 October 2006
WFP has welcomed a significant new donation of €5.6 million from the government of Luxembourg. With a total contribution this year of €9.6 million, Luxembourg is one of WFP’s most important donors in the fight against hunger.
3 May 2006
As Niger's nomads continue their traditional lifestyle of tending to their livestock out in the bush, their children stay at school where WFP food helps them to continue studying. Marcus Prior reports on school feeding among the children of nomadic pastoralists.
12 April 2006
The scorched landscape of Niger hides a secret. Crescent-shaped grooves etched into the earth by workers collect vital water for a plentiful harvest. Marcus Prior looks at how WFP's Food for Work programme provides a buffer for Nigeriens waiting for their crops to grow.
13 March 2006
12 December 2005
1 December 2005
The collapse of a bridge in northern Benin created a massive bottleneck in one of WFP's key supply lines for getting food aid into Niger, and presented a serious logistical challenge. But with a partnership-based approach and pure hard work, the problem was soon solved, as WFP spokesperson Marcus Prior reports.
4 October 2005
WFP welcomes a donation of US$1.8 million by the Government of Turkey that has been earmarked for six West African countries, all in urgent need of food aid.
- Nigeria braced for potential food crisis as forecasters predict short rainy season Source: The Guardian
- Niger food crisis scheme offers local approach to recurring cycle of hunger Source: The Guardian
- Analysis: Slowing Nigerian grain trade threatens Sahel food security Source: IRIN News
- Sahel food insecurity threatens 10 million people in 2013 Source: Reuters/AlertNet
- Sahel: Malnourished to remain above one million in 2013 Source: IRIN
- 27 February 2015 WFP Stands By Nigerian Refugees Despite Growing Insecurity
- 10 February 2015 Nigeria Violence Drives Thousands Into Niger
- 9 February 2015 WFP Alarmed at Spread of Violence Into Niger (For the Media)
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together