5 June 2012
The Annual Evaluation Report for 2011 focuses on lessons arising from implementation to date of WFP’s Strategic Plan 2008-2013. It covers 16 evaluations on: strategic themes in the transition from ‘food aid to food assistance’, such as partnerships and how Country Offices adapt to change; school feeding and WFP support to agricultural small holders and markets; and WFP’s strategic positioning and performance in Haiti, Kenya, Rwanda and Yemen; and others.
17 August 2008
Overall, WFP’s Gender Policy 2003-2007 surpassed those of many comparable organizations. Going forward, the evaluation team submitted five sets of recommendations:
1. take immediate steps to communicate WFP’s commitments to women and gender equality;
2. build gender mainstreaming capacities by extending and deepening training and expert guidance;
3. re-orient the roles and headquarters, country offices and regional bureaus;
4. make more funding available at the country level; and
5. complement the gender balance use of targets with building capacities and commitments among hiring managers and identify systems issues.
10 September 1998
The project aims at improving the coverage of prenatal and infant care consultations by increasing the number of regular visits by at-risk expectant and nursing mothers. At this stage, it cannot be considered a success. Health centres have effectively registered a significant increase in visits, but on a very irregular basis.