5 June 2012
The Annual Evaluation Report for 2011 focuses on lessons arising from implementation to date of WFP’s Strategic Plan 2008-2013. It covers 16 evaluations on: strategic themes in the transition from ‘food aid to food assistance’, such as partnerships and how Country Offices adapt to change; school feeding and WFP support to agricultural small holders and markets; and WFP’s strategic positioning and performance in Haiti, Kenya, Rwanda and Yemen; and others.
17 February 2012
The Niger portfolio evaluation covers seven WFP operations and analytical work between 2007 and 2011. The portfolio contains three distinct implementing phases, and the evaluation findings show that WFP teams in Niger successfully negotiated each of the three phases with appropriate responses strategies.
During the first phase the CO was clearly restrained in its programming choices and favoured activities that did not generate hostility from the Government of Niger in place until the coup d’état in 2010. The CO responded rapidly and effectively to the 2010 food crises during the second phase. In 2011 WFP Niger could start implementing several changes as this third phase was the first unconstrained year without a major food crisis and with a constructive relationship with the Government of Niger.
18 August 2008
Overall, WFP’s Gender Policy 2003-2007 surpassed those of many comparable organizations. Going forward, the evaluation team submitted five sets of recommendations:
1. take immediate steps to communicate WFP’s commitments to women and gender equality;
2. build gender mainstreaming capacities by extending and deepening training and expert guidance;
3. re-orient the roles and headquarters, country offices and regional bureaus;
4. make more funding available at the country level; and
5. complement the gender balance use of targets with building capacities and commitments among hiring managers and identify systems issues.