31 January 2015
This bulletin provides information on price changes for the most commonly consumed staples and their potential impacts on the cost of the basic food basket.
31 January 2014
Niger - Albichir, Analyse approfondie des marché et de la sécurité alimentaire, 2014
31 October 2013
Niger - Albichir, Analyse approfondie des marché et de la sécurité alimentaire, 2013
7 May 2013
- Despite a good 2012/2013 crop year, local prices in Niger have not recovered from the 2011/2012 Sahel food crisis. The price of millet, the main staple, is above last year’s crisis levels and is expected to further increase in the coming months, during the lean season.
- Most millet markets, particularly those in the main producing areas are on alert; above expected seasonal levels since the beginning of the 2012 harvest.
- Disruption of food commodity trade with Nigeria, producer storage strategies and government procurement are maintaining millet prices high.
31 December 2012
Niger - Albichir, Analyse approfondie des marché et de la sécurité alimentaire, 2012
31 August 2012
Atypical drought conditions in the US causes wheat, maize and soya prices to soar (figure 1). According to data record-ed by the World Bank in July 2012, wheat increased by 50%, maize by 45% and soya by 30% since mid-June 2012. By contrast, rice prices remained stable until July 2012. Compared to the 5-year average, maize, soya and wheat increased by 59%, 44% and 31%, respectively, and rice increased only by 8%. A new bullish phase in inter-national markets could impact regional markets and the food access of West African households already affected by the current nutrition and food crisis.
31 December 2011
Niger - Albichir, Analyse approfondie des marches et de la securite alimentaire, 2011
31 March 2011
L’objectif de la mission est d’évaluer la situation en cours sur les marchés du Bénin, du Niger, du Nigeria et du Tchad ainsi que les perspectives de leurs évolutions avant et pendant la période de soudure 2011.
31 December 2010
Niger - Albichir, Analyse approfondie des marches et de la securite alimentaire, 2010
31 December 2009
Niger - Albichir, Analyse approfondie des marches et de la securite alimentaire, 2009
- 27 February 2015 WFP Stands By Nigerian Refugees Despite Growing Insecurity
- 10 February 2015 Nigeria Violence Drives Thousands Into Niger
- 9 February 2015 WFP Alarmed at Spread of Violence Into Niger (For the Media)
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together