1 July 2009
4 June 2009
12 May 2009
30 October 2008
WFP is to provide food assistance to nearly 20,000 people who lost homes and belongings in the earthquake that struck parts of Balochistan province on Wednesday.
29 October 2007
Philanthropist and environmentalist Howard G. Buffett will be appointed today as the UN World Food Programme’s newest Ambassador Against Hunger.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
8 September 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme warns that long term relief and recovery efforts will be needed for many of the estimated 25 million people that have been affected by severe flooding across south Asia, with huge areas of land under water in India, Bangladesh and Nepal.
1 September 2006
WFP welcomes a US$10 million contribution from DFID, the UK Department for International Development, to help operate a helicopter fleet bringing assistance to the survivors of the massive earthquake that hit Pakistan last October.
- U.N. Says Pakistan Has Food 'Emergency', but Donors Look Elsewhere Source: The New York Times / Reuters
- Energy crisis compounds Pakistan's woes Source: Al Jazeera
- Pakistan: Inflation hits food security Source: IRIN
- Pakistan's Fata area reports significant increase in school enrolment Source: The Guardian
- Low Indus river flows threaten crops Source: Alertnet