27 March 2006
Road conditions are a daily challenge for WFP food deliveries in Pakistan-administrated Kashmir. Claude-Andre Nadon, a Canadian mountain guide from the UN Office for Projects Services (UNOPS) went on a road assessment mission for WFP with his colleague, a Pakistani mountain guide, Rehmat Ali.
7 March 2006
Anwar Gul is a food aid monitor for WFP. He spends his days in the camps and villages where WFP delivers food to the survivors of the last October's South Asian earthquake. Here he reports on people's uncertain future.
6 March 2006
WFP has announced it will provide assistance for the recovery of the most needy and vulnerable part of the population affected by the earthquake that hit Pakistan last October.
25 January 2006
28 November 2005
Aid workers in earthquake-hit Pakistan have found the help of the army indispensable, writes WFP spokesperson Robin Lodge, in an article which first appeared on the Guardian Unlimited website.
21 November 2005
Some 2.3 million people will require food assistance at least through April 2006, according to the latest emergency food security assessment conducted by WFP, UNICEF, and OXFAM.
16 November 2005
14 November 2005
Teams of mountain experts known as 'Quake Jumpers' are being assembled to reach remote, earthquake-affected communities in Pakistan that aid workers have yet to access, and prepare them for the harsh Himalayan winter.
12 November 2005
4 November 2005
- U.N. Says Pakistan Has Food 'Emergency', but Donors Look Elsewhere Source: The New York Times / Reuters
- Energy crisis compounds Pakistan's woes Source: Al Jazeera
- Pakistan: Inflation hits food security Source: IRIN
- Pakistan's Fata area reports significant increase in school enrolment Source: The Guardian
- Low Indus river flows threaten crops Source: Alertnet