31 August 2011
A special project of World Food Programme (WFP) was launched in Lanao del Norte in an effort to empower the women sector. The WFP was launched at the Macapagal Training Center, Capitol Site, in this capital town.
27 July 2011
The HCT and OCHA are comprised of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Oxfam, the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the World Food Programme, and the International Organization for Migration.
26 July 2011
The Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office (MSWDO) is speeding up the implementation of the Food Work Program in the different barangays here. (..) The Food Work Program is a project of the DSWD and the World Food Program of the United Nations to help affected families during the typhoons last year.
20 July 2011
Some 300 residents of Upi, Maguindanao who were once engaged in firewood production and charcoal-making out of illegally cut trees have turned over a new leaf.(..) “This is a boost to my family income, a way to stop charcoal-making for good,” Angi said, referring to the introduction of the “food-for-work” project of the ARMM’s Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in partnership with the United Nations’ World Food Program (WFP) headed by Country Director Stephen Anderson.
15 July 2011
At least 300 farmers in the village of Kibukay in Upi, Maguindanao will undergo a one-day training on rubber cultivation as part of the establishment of a 300-hectare agro-forest in the area. (..) Launched in June this year, the Kibukay agro-forest development project is jointly undertaken by different line agencies of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) led by the office of the regional governor with the help of the World Food Program (WFP).
10 July 2011
The World Food Programme will soon distribute a health mix that will help boost immune system of the children of Zamboanga.
8 July 2011
The Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the Philippines Abdullah Ibrahim Al-Hassan on Thursday turned over to the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF), Philippine Red Cross (PRC), and World Food Programme (WFP), 70 tons of pressed dates costing P4,259,564.40.
6 July 2011
Recent flooding in the southern Philippines has affected half a million people and destroyed crops, raising concerns about food shortages in the coming months, the U.N. World Food Programme has said.
5 July 2011
Still reeling from a flood-triggered state of calamity, affected residents here are regaining optimism for normal life amid an announcement by city officials that some United Nations (UN) relief agencies have expressed intention to help the victims recover from the ruins of the inundation – socially and economically. (..) the UN agencies including the World Food Program (WFP) came to their rescue.
27 June 2011
As yet another tropical storm has been battering parts of the Philippine island of Luzon over the past few days, leaving thousands displaced, the government has set up a Technical Working Group (TWG) with the aim of improving preparedness for natural disasters and manmade calamities, including conflict. (..) The HCT and OCHA are comprised of (..) the World Food Programme, and the International Organization for Migration.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance