27 June 2011
Tens of thousands of children displaced by flash floods in the southern Philippines are at risk due to deadly diseases, an official of United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said Sunday.(..)The World Food Programme is also working with local authorities to prepare for possible distributions of food aid, based on needs assessments.
24 June 2011
United Nations aid agencies are supplying blankets, plastic mats and tarpaulins to families on the Philippine island of Mindanao, where floods have displaced nearly 400,000 people this month. (..) The World Food Programme (WFP) is also working with local authorities and the NGO Save the Children to prepare for possible distributions of food aid, based on needs assessments that are expected to be completed by tomorrow.
23 June 2011
A US$34 million Humanitarian Action Plan (HAP) aimed at assisting more than 400,000 conflict displaced people return to their homes on the Philippine island of Mindanao, remains underfunded, says the UN. (..) However, only two HAP projects (totalling just over $3 million and involving the World Food Programme and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization) out of 26 have received funding thus far, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, reports.
21 June 2011
Officials and workers of government agencies in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao on Tuesday started planting trees (..) in long-term campaign designed by the ARMM leadership to address the “cycle of flooding” and at the same time provide residents’ of extra source of livelihood. (..) the United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP) rallied the massive planting of mahogany and rubber trees in North Upi town with tons of rice supplies used as food-for-work for 300 resident-families allotted one hectare each to manage, organizing officials said.
17 June 2011
Rain and flooding over the past month have severely affected thousands of farmers who have recently returned to their homes in conflict-affected Mindanao. (..) According to a 2010 Emergency Food Security Assessment conducted by the World Food Programme (WFP), about 70 percent of internally displaced persons and returnee households were categorized as food insecure.
10 June 2011
The United Nations World Food Program (UN-WFP) recently held its annual “Walk the World” event, making the Philippines one of 80 countries to participate in this significant endeavor.
21 May 2011
Just like a race to the finish line, Walk the World is an undertaking for passionate runners and walkers everywhere toward a common goal—to alleviate world hunger. (..) “Proceeds from Walk the World Pilipinas 2011 will benefit almost 80,000 school children in the conflict-affected provinces of Central Mindanao,” says WFP country director Stephen Anderson.
17 May 2011
Young star KC Concepcion will lead a “walk for a cause” later this month as part of her duties as United Nations ambassador against hunger. The actress talked about her trip to Uganda as UN-WFP ambassador in an interview with Yahoo! Philippines.
14 May 2011
In an effort to fast track the early recovery of former internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Central Mindanao, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) expands its partnership with the United Nations-World Food Program (UN-WFP) to address the food security needs and livelihood of the population in conflict-affected communities in the region.
8 May 2011
To prevent the prevalence of Iron Deficiency Anaemia (IDA) which is a serious public health concern in Central Mindanao, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is expanding its partnership with the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) by committing to provide some 18,800 tons of iron-fortified rice for approximately 106,000 food-insecure families in Maguindanao, North Cotabato, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, and Sultan Kudarat.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists