29 September 2009
AS the United Nations assured the Philippines of its continuing assistance and endorsements of the country’s call for aid from member countries, the millions of Filipinos working abroad are pouring aid into their typhoon Ondoy-devastated homeland. (..) Meanwhile, the UN World Food Program has released an initial batch of vital food rations to around 180,000 victims. “We, at the UN, stand with the people of the Philippines during this time of great need and great tragedy,” Josette Sheeran, executive director of the WFP, told the BusinessMirror in New York City.
28 September 2009
Overwhelmed Philippine authorities appealed for international aid on Monday as the death toll from once-in-a-lifetime floods soared to 140 and weary survivors sheltered in squalid conditions.
Two days after the horror storm sent torrents of water through the nation's capital Manila and surrounding provinces, the government conceded it was unable to deal with the disaster on its own and needed urgent help.
28 September 2009
Rescuers plucked bodies from muddy floodwaters and saved drenched survivors from rooftops Sunday after Typhoon Ondoy tore through Luzon and left at least 106 people dead and missing. (..) Officials said they hoped the roads would be cleared soon to enable the Department of Health (DOH) and representatives of international groups like the World Health Organization (WHO) and World Food Program (WFP) to assess the damage and the conditions in evacuation centers.
25 September 2009
Actress KC Concepcion is set to appear at the 2009 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix this Sunday, September 27, to raise awareness about world hunger. Concepcion was appointed the country's national ambassador against hunger by the United Nations World Food Program (WFP). The actress is set to promote the WFP's "Fill the Cup" campaign at the Grand Prix.
22 September 2009
Food security will continue to remain a key concern for thousands of internally displaced people (IDPs) on the southern island of Mindanao, despite moves towards possible peace talks, says the World Food Programme (WFP).
16 September 2009
Aid workers have welcomed a breakthrough in discussions between the Philippine government and Muslim rebels on the island of Mindanao (..). Stephen Anderson, country director for the World Food Programme in the Philippines, said the breakthrough was a "positive development", especially in conjunction with the July ceasefire.
15 September 2009
(..) In the Philippines, actress KC Concepcion has been leading the fight against hunger in Mindanao as the country’s ambassador for the humanitarian agency United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP).
10 September 2009
The Government is planning to spend an estimated P144.8 million to facilitate the return of displaced families in Maguindanao province (..). The returning families, he added, will receive P17.3 million in cash allowances to cover two weeks worth of expenses in addition to food rations from aid agencies World Food Programme and the International Committee for the Red Cross.
10 September 2009
KC has just teamed up with the clothing line Bayo and the UN for a feeding program called "YOU (can now feed a child)" aimed at providing nutritious meals for school children in conflict-affected areas in Central Mindanao through the food-for-education activities of the UN World Food Programme (WFP).
9 September 2009
Singer, actress, commercial model, United Nations ambassador and acknowledged fashion icon KC Concepcion can now add designer to her resume. 9..) KC finally took on the designing challenge when it became a means to support her volunteer work as the UN World Food Programme (WFP) National Ambassador Against Hunger.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists