10 May 2013
DAVAO CITY — The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is extending its assistance in typhoon-affected areas of Compostela Valley with an additional PhP2 million support for its Provincial Nutrition Program.
17 April 2013
As the Philippine Government scales up its early recovery efforts for communities affected by Typhoon Pablo (international name “Bopha”), support from the Government of Japan – through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) – will help sustain the Philippine Government’s on-going Typhoon Pablo operations.
26 March 2013
BANGKOK, 25 March -- Groupon, the global pioneer and leader in social e-commerce, and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, are launching a daily deal across Southeast Asia to support the empowerment of girls in Asia through school meals programmes.
26 March 2013
MANILA–Pizza Hut and Taco Bell Philippines have raised PhP7.7 million, which they will be donating to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to support its hunger-fighting activities in Mindanao.
6 March 2013
When asked what resilience means, the head of city planning for the Philippines’ second largest city, Davao, said that for Filipinos it means how high floodwater reaches before they agree to be evacuated. (..) “Awareness is not enough,” said the World Food Programme’s (WFP) country representative, Stephen Anderson. “Local governments don’t act on information from climate hazard maps,” he told IRIN, explaining why WFP, along with the UN Human Settlements Programme, is helping to “climate-proof” four cities - Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro, Butuan and Davao - under a US-funded climate change adaptation programme that is helping city officials conduct vulnerability assessments and implement pilot projects based on identified climate threats.
13 February 2013
SORSOGON CITY -- United Nations World Food Program project coordinator Michelle McGonagle will be in Sorsogon today for a three-day visit, institutionalizing the Disaster Preparedness and Response Program in the province to build resilient communities, boosting the capacity of its government, academe and non-government partners.
7 February 2013
DAVAO CITY -- The Department of Social Welfare and Development XI is expecting the arrival of additional rice assistance from the World Food Programme for Typhoon Bopha affected communities.
7 February 2013
MANILA, Philippines - The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has given an additional P164 million to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) for Typhoon Pablo victims in the Philippines.
4 February 2013
The provincial government of Davao Oriental (Philippines) and the World Food Program (WFP) have started briefing farmers on the cash-for-work program, in an effort to cover initially 800 hectares of rice farms in Cateel, Baganga and Boston municipalities. Sharon Andrea Lumpias, cash and voucher officer of the WFP, said a farmer could work for 10 days, under the program, on a one-hectare rice farm and would get P226 per day or 75 percent of the authorized minimum daily wage set by the Regional Tripartite Wage Regulatory Board.
11 January 2013
COMPOSTELA VALLEY -– WFP has committed help to the provincial government of Compostela Valley after the devastation caused by super typhoon Bopha.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- Seasonal Monitor
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists