11 December 2012
Hundreds of people were still missing Monday after Typhoon Bopha struck the southern stretches of the Philippines last week, claiming more than 600 lives and displacing more than 5 million people. (..) The typhoon devastated whole villages swamped with sudden floods, triggering deadly landslides and wiping out crops. The U.N. launched an appeal Monday for $65 million to help the Philippines recover by providing food, water and emergency shelter to the worst-hit areas.
10 December 2012
The Philippine government and the United Nations are launching a global appeal to help the victims of Typhoon Bopha, as the toll continues to climb, while hundreds of people are still missing after the storm devastated the south of the country. At least 650 people are killed, while millions are left homeless and in desperate need of food aid and other basic goods, the country's disaster chief in Manila told Al Jazeera.
15 November 2012
In an effort to have a reliable and accurate inventory and monitoring of relief goods which will result to a more efficient delivery of goods to disaster victims, the Department of Social Welfare and Development and WFP developed the Relief Goods Inventory and Monitoring System (RGIMS).
15 November 2012
WFP global partner Yum! Brands recently sent representatives from its Asia Franchise Businesses to the Philippines to visit some of WFP's school feeding sites in the country. Yum! Brands is supporting WFP's school feeding programme through its annual World Hunger Relief campaign.
24 October 2012
Butuan City Mayor Ferdinand M. Amante, Jr. signed a commitment of partnership with the WFP and the United Nations Habitat during the Sustainable Philippine Cities Project Launching at the Crowne Plaza in Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Oct. 16, 2012.
24 October 2012
Following the recent historic peace Framework Agreement, the European Union has provided P312 million to WFP Philippines to boost the livelihood recovery of 50,000 families or 300,000 persons displaced by the past conflict in Mindanao.
Photo Credit: WFP/Anthony Lim
24 October 2012
As part of this year's World Food Day celebrations, some 600,000 hot nutritious meals will be given to 100,000 public elementary school children in Central Mindanao through WFP, in partnership with the Department of Education and the Department of Social Welfare and Development, by Unilever Philippines.
18 October 2012
TUGUEGARAO CITY -- The United Nations World Food Programme has assisted the town of Enrile, in Cagayan province, north of the Philippines, in strengthening its disaster risk reduction and management through various projects in remote communities. Enrile town is assessed as one of the most vulnerable towns of Cagayan during disasters, as it lies along the Cagayan River and is therefore prone to flasfloods, erosions and landslides.
16 October 2012
LA TRINIDAD, Benguet -- The Disaster Preparedness and Response Project Phase II under the United Nations World Food Programme is all set to expand to two towns in the province.
3 October 2012
APARRI, Cagayan -- Locals in this town have been tapped to propagate and plant "Vetiver" grass along the coastal zones and riverbanks to mitigate erosion and flooding impact to the communities, as well as an adaptation mechanism on sea-level rise. The project, which aims to pilot the use of Vetiver grass to help prevent riverbank erosion and flooding of coastal communities, is a joint effort of the World Food Programme, Department of Social Welfare and Development, and the local government unit.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- Seasonal Monitor
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists