1 October 2012
MANILA, Philippines - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a new phase of programs in Sorsogon province aimed at helping communities better prepare for and respond to natural disasters.
20 September 2012
To strengthen the disaster preparedness and response capacity of the provincial government of Cagayan, the World Food Programme has launched the second phase of projects in five selected disaster-vulnerable municipalities in the province.
11 September 2012
Emergency food assistance donated by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), has boosted the Philippine Government-led emergency relief efforts in flood-affected areas of Central Luzon and conflict-affected areas of Central Mindanao.
3 September 2012
The Philippine Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) cites WFP Philippines' logistics support in the government's continuing relief efforts for communities affected by last year's Tropical Storm Washi (locally called "Sendong"). WFP has provided free trucking services to DSWD in hauling relief goods for Sendong survivors, who are still in evacuation centers in Iligan City.
30 August 2012
Flooding and conflict have displaced over one million people in the Philippines, placing children at extreme risk of malnutrition. The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is providing aid to civilians, including a peanut paste for infants called Plumpy'Doz.
28 August 2012
When the Southwest monsoon floods hit the Philippines in early August this year, WFP was one of the many organizations that offered the Philippine Government assistance.
21 August 2012
WFP Philippines assisted the Philippine Government, particularly the executive department of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, in providing food relief to the conflict-stricken towns of Datu Saudi, Shariff Aguak and Datu Hoffer. Since 05 August this year, thousands of families have been displaced due to violent attacks from the breakaway rebel group Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Movement.
16 August 2012
WFP Philippines National Ambassador Against Hunger KC Concepcion distributes WFP high-energy biscuits to flood-affected communities currently staying at the evacuation center in San Jose Panlumacan Elementary School in San Fernando City, Pampanga.
16 August 2012
United Nations World Food Programme Philippines’ National Ambassador Against Hunger, KC Concepcion, conducted food feeding and relief operations for flood-affected communities in the City of San Fernando, Pampanga last Tuesday, 14 August 2012.
15 August 2012
WFP has received a grant of $AU1 million, approximately P43.8 million, from the Australian government to boost WFP’s contingency food stocks for enhanced disaster response capacity in the Philippines.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists