13 November 2013
TACLOBAN, Philippines – Nearly 50,000 people around this city battered by Typhoon Haiyan received rice today provided by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) as part of family packs distributed by the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
12 November 2013
ROME – As the enormity of the needs in the wake of Super Typhoon Haiyan becomes clear, the UN World Food Programme (WFP) is providing food supplies, as well as logistics and telecommunications support to the overall relief operation.
11 November 2013
MANILA - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is mobilising food and logistics supplies and communications equipment to assist the Government-led emergency response to Super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
9 November 2013
MANILA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is ramping up its operation in the Philippines, deploying emergency assistance to support the Government to help people affected by Super Typhoon Haiyan.
Donate here: wfp.org/typhoon
4 November 2013
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
27 August 2013
MANILA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the two international non-government organizations Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and Plan International (Plan) today unveiled plans to link their programmes for improved diasaster risk reduction capacity in typhoon-affected provinces in the Philippines.
7 June 2013
Royal Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia recently donated 153 tons of nutritious dates to WFP Philippines. The fruits will benefit about 65,000 vulnerable families in the conflict-affected provinces of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.
18 April 2013
KUALA LUMPUR – Groupon in the Asia-Pacific region donates on behalf of its subscribers over USD72,000 to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), following the conclusion of a fundraising campaign for WFP School Meals activities in Asia.
15 April 2013
DAVAO CITY – As the Philippine Government scales up its early recovery efforts for communities affected by Typhoon Pablo (international name “Bopha”), support from the Government of Japan – through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) – will help sustain the Philippine Government’s on-going Typhoon Pablo operations.
26 March 2013
MANILA–Pizza Hut and Taco Bell Philippines have raised PhP7.7 million, which they will be donating to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to support their hunger-fighting activities in Mindanao.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists