14 October 2012
MANILA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) honours World Food Day (16 October) by reaffirming its dedication to work in partnership with communities, civil society, governments, and the private sector to help end hunger in our lifetimes.
12 September 2012
Sorsogon City, Philippines – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a new phase of programmes in Sorsogon province aimed at helping communities better prepare for and respond to natural disasters.
9 September 2012
MANILA – Emergency food assistance donated by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), has boosted the Philippine Government-led emergency relief efforts in flood-affected areas of Central Luzon and conflict-affected areas of Central Mindanao.
15 August 2012
WFP Philippines National Ambassador Against Hunger KC Concepcion distributes WFP high-energy biscuits to communities affected by the recent monsoon floods that inundated the northern part of the Philippines
13 August 2012
WFP has delivered a total of 52.5 metric tons of high-energy biscuits (to benefit 262,500 flood-affected individuals) and 50 metric tons of nutritious ready-to-use supplementary food (to reach about 77,000 flood-affected children) in the Philippines, following the monsoon rains that have brought severe floods to the country's Luzon and Visayas regions. Working closely with the Department of Social Welfare and Development, WFP has likewise mobilized logistics support to complement the government’s emergency relief efforts.
13 August 2012
MANILA – With the Philippines currently experiencing disastrous floods, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) recently received a generous grant of $AU1 million (approximately Php43.8 million) from the Australian Government to significantly boost WFP’s contingency food stocks for enhanced disaster response capacity in the Philippines.
10 August 2012
MANILA – In the wake of monsoon rains that have brought severe floods to the Luzon and Visayas regions, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has mobilized logistics and food support to complement the Philippine Government’s emergency relief efforts, working closely with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
23 July 2012
Her Majesty Queen Sofia of the Kingdom of Spain recently visited the Philippines, and WFP was there to join the Philippine Government in showing her how the country has benefited from generous Spanish support.
27 May 2012
23 May 2012
Government of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia hands over 60 tons of dates to WFP for 30,000 families in ARMM
- World Food Program extends aid to Capiceños Source: Philippine Information Agency
- Donations for typhoon survivors continue Source: The Philippine Star
- An Interview With Raj Shah Of USAID On Typhoon Haiyan Source: Forbes
- Philippine rice self-sufficiency plan blown off-course by typhoons Source: Reuters
- Road to recovery in Philippines must be built for sustainable human development – UN Source: UN News Centre
- 3 December 2013 Philippines:The Logistics Of The Haiyan Response
- 29 November 2013 Philippines Operations (For The Media)
- 24 November 2013 Typhoon Survivor: "Water Up To My Chest"
- 23 November 2013 Emergency Telecommunications Cluster (ETC) Deploys to Tacloban