11 December 2012
DAVAO CITY, PHILIPPINES – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is appealing for US$21.6 million to provide life-saving food and nutrition assistance as well as logistics support for 400,000 people who have been most affected by Typhoon Bopha in the worst-hit areas of Compostela Valley, Davao Oriental, the CARAGA region, and Lanao del Sur. These funding needs are part of the UN flash appeal announced yesterday in the Philippines, which calls for US$65 million to support emergency shelter, food, water and sanitation activities.
6 December 2012
MANILA – As thousands of Filipinos in the southern region of the country struggle to recover from the destruction caused by the country’s latest extreme weather event, Typhoon Bopha, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is partnering with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) to support the Philippine government’s initiatives in building resilience to climate change.
22 October 2012
MANILA – Following the recent historic peace framework agreement, the European Union (EU) has provided PhP312 million to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to boost the livelihood recovery of 50,000 families or 300,000 persons displaced by the past conflict in Mindanao.
17 October 2012
MANILA – As part of this year’s World Food Day celebrations, Unilever Philippines has again renewed its commitment to help improve the health and well-being of Filipino children by donating Php6 million to support the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) school feeding programme in remote and conflict-affected areas of Central Mindanao.
15 October 2012
MANILA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) honours World Food Day (16 October) by reaffirming its dedication to work in partnership with communities, civil society, governments, and the private sector to help end hunger in our lifetimes.
12 September 2012
Sorsogon City, Philippines – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a new phase of programmes in Sorsogon province aimed at helping communities better prepare for and respond to natural disasters.
10 September 2012
MANILA – Emergency food assistance donated by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), through the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), has boosted the Philippine Government-led emergency relief efforts in flood-affected areas of Central Luzon and conflict-affected areas of Central Mindanao.
15 August 2012
WFP Philippines National Ambassador Against Hunger KC Concepcion distributes WFP high-energy biscuits to communities affected by the recent monsoon floods that inundated the northern part of the Philippines
13 August 2012
WFP has delivered a total of 52.5 metric tons of high-energy biscuits (to benefit 262,500 flood-affected individuals) and 50 metric tons of nutritious ready-to-use supplementary food (to reach about 77,000 flood-affected children) in the Philippines, following the monsoon rains that have brought severe floods to the country's Luzon and Visayas regions. Working closely with the Department of Social Welfare and Development, WFP has likewise mobilized logistics support to complement the government’s emergency relief efforts.
13 August 2012
MANILA – With the Philippines currently experiencing disastrous floods, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) recently received a generous grant of $AU1 million (approximately Php43.8 million) from the Australian Government to significantly boost WFP’s contingency food stocks for enhanced disaster response capacity in the Philippines.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists