11 August 2012
MANILA – In the wake of monsoon rains that have brought severe floods to the Luzon and Visayas regions, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has mobilized logistics and food support to complement the Philippine Government’s emergency relief efforts, working closely with the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
23 July 2012
Her Majesty Queen Sofia of the Kingdom of Spain recently visited the Philippines, and WFP was there to join the Philippine Government in showing her how the country has benefited from generous Spanish support.
28 May 2012
23 May 2012
Government of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia hands over 60 tons of dates to WFP for 30,000 families in ARMM
4 May 2012
MANILA – Through its innovative “Sandwich Heroes” campaign, Unilever Food Solutions, a subsidiary of Unilever, has raised Php 400,000 in the Philippines for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The donation will allow WFP to feed 40,000 children under its school meals programme in conflict-affected areas of Central Mindanao, particularly in Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte.
27 April 2012
Research commissioned by the World Bank and World Food Programme notes persistent challenges after displaced households return to their homes.
20 April 2012
JICA and WFP recently visited remote villages in Iligan City to jointly distribute food, cooking utensils and other items to 750 families who were highly affected by Tropical Storm Sendong (international name “Washi”) in December 2011
9 February 2012
WFP and Julie's Bakeshop, a Filipino corporation, join together at the Sinulog Festival 2012 in Cebu City, Philippines to raise awareness about hunger in perfect Sinulog-style.
8 February 2012
Through the Yum! Brands World Hunger Relief campaign, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in the Philippines have contributed Php 6.1 million (US$144,000) to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) for its activities in Mindanao. The donation will support the on-going relief and early recovery operation for victims of Tropical Storm Washi (Sendong) and school meals programme in conflict-affected areas of central Mindanao.
7 February 2012
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has hosted a large-scale simulation exercise, using the latest technology for recreating realistic scenarios, as part of its support for improving disaster preparedness and response in the Philippines.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- Seasonal Monitor
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists