4 May 2012
MANILA – Through its innovative “Sandwich Heroes” campaign, Unilever Food Solutions, a subsidiary of Unilever, has raised Php 400,000 in the Philippines for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). The donation will allow WFP to feed 40,000 children under its school meals programme in conflict-affected areas of Central Mindanao, particularly in Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte.
27 April 2012
Research commissioned by the World Bank and World Food Programme notes persistent challenges after displaced households return to their homes.
20 April 2012
JICA and WFP recently visited remote villages in Iligan City to jointly distribute food, cooking utensils and other items to 750 families who were highly affected by Tropical Storm Sendong (international name “Washi”) in December 2011
9 February 2012
WFP and Julie's Bakeshop, a Filipino corporation, join together at the Sinulog Festival 2012 in Cebu City, Philippines to raise awareness about hunger in perfect Sinulog-style.
8 February 2012
Through the Yum! Brands World Hunger Relief campaign, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in the Philippines have contributed Php 6.1 million (US$144,000) to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) for its activities in Mindanao. The donation will support the on-going relief and early recovery operation for victims of Tropical Storm Washi (Sendong) and school meals programme in conflict-affected areas of central Mindanao.
7 February 2012
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has hosted a large-scale simulation exercise, using the latest technology for recreating realistic scenarios, as part of its support for improving disaster preparedness and response in the Philippines.
2 February 2012
WFP is closely working with the Philippines' Department of Social Welfare and Development in order to strengthen and build the government agency's capacity for Disaster Response Preparedness.
1 February 2012
WFP continues to support the government's relief and early recovery efforts for persons highly affected by Tropical Storm Washi, which battered southern Philippines December last year.
6 January 2012
Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Philippine Government are extending the emergency response to Tropical Storm Washi to focus on remote, cut-off areas around Iligan City.
20 December 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is providing urgently needed food, supplies and logistics support to boost the Philippine government’s emergency response to help thousands of people whose lives have been devastated by Tropical Storm Washi, which battered Northern Mindanao over the weekend.
- World Food Program extends aid to Capiceños Source: Philippine Information Agency
- Donations for typhoon survivors continue Source: The Philippine Star
- An Interview With Raj Shah Of USAID On Typhoon Haiyan Source: Forbes
- Philippine rice self-sufficiency plan blown off-course by typhoons Source: Reuters
- Road to recovery in Philippines must be built for sustainable human development – UN Source: UN News Centre
- 3 December 2013 Philippines:The Logistics Of The Haiyan Response
- 29 November 2013 Philippines Operations (For The Media)
- 24 November 2013 Typhoon Survivor: "Water Up To My Chest"
- 23 November 2013 Emergency Telecommunications Cluster (ETC) Deploys to Tacloban