24 October 2011
A US$750,000 cash grant from the United States Agency for International Development/Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) is powering the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) Disaster Preparedness and Response project in four of the most disaster-prone provinces of Northern Luzon.
26 January 2011
MANILA - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) – Philippines’ National Ambassador Against Hunger, Kristina Cassandra “KC” Concepcion, embarked on her first field mission outside the country last week when she visited WFP operations in Uganda’s impoverished Karamoja region, as well as in the grain basket district of Kapchorwa in the east of the country.
21 April 2010
MANILA –In line with early recovery and rehabilitation efforts, Acting Governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Ansaruddin Alonto-Adiong has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) for a Food-for-Assets Program in the provinces of Maguindanao and Lanao del Sur.
21 October 2009
20 October 2009
ROME -- The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will arrive in the Philippines on Wednesday, 21 October, to witness at first hand the huge impact of the catastrophic floods that have affected more than 7 million people.
6 October 2009
1 October 2009
28 September 2009
1 September 2008
The Philippines Government awards a Presidential Citation to Gene Luna, a Filipina staff member of WFP, who died during the tragic bombings in Algiers last month.
27 August 2008
WFP is scaling up food assistance to more than 220,000 persons displaced by conflict in southern Mindanao, delivering nearly 1,000 metric tons of rice – around one month’s ration -- to civilians caught up in the fighting between Philippine government troops and forces of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
- Philippines: Local Government Unit Of Ditsa-an Ramain Extends Thanks to WFP Source: Municipality of Ditsa-an Ramain
- Philippines: KFC Philippines Fights Hunger With WFP Source: Marketing Interactive
- Philippines: WFP To Add P2-M Nutrition Support To Compostela Valley Source: Zambotimes.com
- Philippines: Japan Assistance Sustains WFP Typhoon Pablo Operations Source: Business Week Mindanao
- Philippines: Groupon Supports Girls' Empowerment Through School Meals Source: Philippine Information Agency