1 February 2012
WFP continues to support the government's relief and early recovery efforts for persons highly affected by Tropical Storm Washi, which battered southern Philippines December last year.
6 January 2012
Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Philippine Government are extending the emergency response to Tropical Storm Washi to focus on remote, cut-off areas around Iligan City.
20 December 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is providing urgently needed food, supplies and logistics support to boost the Philippine government’s emergency response to help thousands of people whose lives have been devastated by Tropical Storm Washi, which battered Northern Mindanao over the weekend.
22 November 2011
New “Bayan” bread product will generate proceeds for WFP’s school feeding programme. The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Philippine’s largest bakery chain, Julie’s Bakeshop, have entered into an innovative partnership to fight hunger in the Philippines.
24 October 2011
A US$750,000 cash grant from the United States Agency for International Development/Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) is powering the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) Disaster Preparedness and Response project in four of the most disaster-prone provinces of Northern Luzon.
26 January 2011
MANILA - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) – Philippines’ National Ambassador Against Hunger, Kristina Cassandra “KC” Concepcion, embarked on her first field mission outside the country last week when she visited WFP operations in Uganda’s impoverished Karamoja region, as well as in the grain basket district of Kapchorwa in the east of the country.
21 April 2010
MANILA –In line with early recovery and rehabilitation efforts, Acting Governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Ansaruddin Alonto-Adiong has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) for a Food-for-Assets Program in the provinces of Maguindanao and Lanao del Sur.
21 October 2009
20 October 2009
ROME -- The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will arrive in the Philippines on Wednesday, 21 October, to witness at first hand the huge impact of the catastrophic floods that have affected more than 7 million people.
6 October 2009
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance