1 October 2009
28 September 2009
1 September 2008
The Philippines Government awards a Presidential Citation to Gene Luna, a Filipina staff member of WFP, who died during the tragic bombings in Algiers last month.
27 August 2008
WFP is scaling up food assistance to more than 220,000 persons displaced by conflict in southern Mindanao, delivering nearly 1,000 metric tons of rice – around one month’s ration -- to civilians caught up in the fighting between Philippine government troops and forces of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
19 April 2007
WFP has said it will provide 85 metric tons of rice to assist more than 42,000 people displaced by recent conflict on the troubled island of Jolo in Sulu Province in the Philippines
14 July 2006
WFP this week launched an aid operation to support a critical peace initiative in war-ravaged Mindanao in southern Philippines.
4 June 2006
WFP has announced that it will provide food aid to Mindanao in the Philippines in support of the government’s effort to end the long-standing conflict on the island.
17 February 2006
WFP has announced the end of its almost decade-long operation in Albania, marked by the official closure of its office in Tirana on 28 February.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance