21 October 2009
20 October 2009
ROME -- The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Josette Sheeran, will arrive in the Philippines on Wednesday, 21 October, to witness at first hand the huge impact of the catastrophic floods that have affected more than 7 million people.
6 October 2009
1 October 2009
28 September 2009
1 September 2008
The Philippines Government awards a Presidential Citation to Gene Luna, a Filipina staff member of WFP, who died during the tragic bombings in Algiers last month.
27 August 2008
WFP is scaling up food assistance to more than 220,000 persons displaced by conflict in southern Mindanao, delivering nearly 1,000 metric tons of rice – around one month’s ration -- to civilians caught up in the fighting between Philippine government troops and forces of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
19 April 2007
WFP has said it will provide 85 metric tons of rice to assist more than 42,000 people displaced by recent conflict on the troubled island of Jolo in Sulu Province in the Philippines
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists