3 November 2009
Typhoon Mirinae, which swept across the northern Philippines last weekend, dumped another 15 cm of rain on regions already severely flooded by previous storms. The fourth storm in little more than a month has made food assistance more important than ever.
21 October 2009
WFP and the world's generosity is ensuring that the flood-hit Philippines is not alone as it works to help more than 7 million people get back on their feet after the devastation caused by recent storms.
20 October 2009
As WFP and the government push ahead with relief operations to help flood-hit communities, the northern island of Luzon is waiting to see whether a new typhoon - dubbed Lupit - will hit later this week, disrupting operations and possibly increasing the need for emergency food assistance.
7 October 2009
In the face of mounting logistical challenges, WFP has brought in helicopters and inflatable boats to provide food assistance to hundreds of thousands of victims of the two major tropical storms that recently ravaged the Philippines.
5 October 2009
5 October 2009
Over the coming month, WFP aims to provide food assistance to 1 million people affected by the severe flooding that Ketsana and other tropical storms have caused in Manila and neighbouring areas of the Philippines over the last week.
28 September 2009
WFP is supporting government relief efforts in the Philippines after a deadly tropical storm slammed into the country over the weekend, causing severe flooding in urban areas and leaving tens of thousands of families needing food assistance.
21 February 2008
The World Food Programme has announced the appointment of the popular Philippines actor and TV personality, Kristina Cassandra Concepcion – widely known simply as KC – as a National Ambassador Against Hunger, with a special mission to highlight the need for effective solutions to hunger and to address humanitarian needs in Mindanao.
29 August 2007
Philippines President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo visited a WFP distribution on 24 August and handed out food rations to families displaced by Typhoon Reming last December.
23 February 2007
Continuing its assistance to victims of a typhoon which struck the Philippines in late 2006, the WFP has made available an additional 5,880 bags of rice (294 tons) for distribution to families that lost their homes to Typhoon Reming.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists