19 November 2013
ROME -- As the first images were broadcasted from a shattered Philippines - flattened communities, lost homes, displaced people – our supporters responded. Days after Super Typhoon Haiyan barrelled through, the World Food Programme has received an outpouring of support from both individuals and businesses wanting to do their part to help families in need.
17 November 2013
TACLOBAN, Philippines--WFP Executive Director Ertharin Cousin met with survivors of Typhoon Haiyan in the hard-hit city of Tacloban on Sunday and acknowledged the strength of the local people, who are working shoulder-to-shoulder with WFP and other relief organizations to respond to the disaster.
14 November 2013
WFP rice and high energy biscuits were distributed to typhoon survivors in one of the worst hit areas of the Philippines on Thursday as the UN agency continued to fly in food and logistics supplies to the disaster zone. | Donate at wfp.org/typhoon
11 November 2013
A cargo of special biscuits designed for emergency situations arrived in the Philippines on Monday as part of WFP’s contribution to the Typhoon Haiyan response. As the enormity of the damage becomes clear, WFP is mobilizing food supplies and providing logistics and telecommuncations support to the overall relief operation. | Donate at wfp.org/typhoon
9 November 2013
WFP’s top officials in the Philippines have described the damage caused by Typhoon Haiyan as devastating and are appealing for support to help meet the needs of people made homeless by the 300-km/h winds and torrential rain. | To donate, go to wfp.org/typhoon
8 November 2013
WFP is working closely with the Philippines government to coordinate emergency relief efforts in the wake of a powerful typhoon that that ripped through the central part of the country on Friday, killing at least four people and causing massive destruction. Donate now
14 June 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The "first key" we unveiled was 'Nutrition'; the second, 'Safety Nets'. We're unveiling the last "key" through a short film this month - and we want you to discover it with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, by joining this trivia contest, one lucky winner will get a WFP The North Face Backpack. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
21 May 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? The first key we unveiled last month was 'Nutrition'. What's the second key? We'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film each month until June 2013 - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, this time we're giving away two special WFP Tote Bags. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
29 March 2013
There are three "Keys To Solving Hunger" -- what are they? Each month between April and June 2013, we'll be unveiling a new "key" through a short film - and we want you to discover them with us! And, to make the discovery more fun, we're also giving away some limited edition WFP Moleskine notebooks. So get your pencil and paper at the ready and click play!
8 March 2013
Even before joining WFP seven years ago, Baicon Macaraya, head of WFP Philippines’ Iligan sub-office, had all the tools to do her job in conflict-affected Central Mindanao. As an advocate of gender mainstreaming, Baicon has pushed towards a new outlook on women and development.
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- Seasonal Monitor
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists