28 September 2009
WFP is supporting government relief efforts in the Philippines after a deadly tropical storm slammed into the country over the weekend, causing severe flooding in urban areas and leaving tens of thousands of families needing food assistance.
21 February 2008
The World Food Programme has announced the appointment of the popular Philippines actor and TV personality, Kristina Cassandra Concepcion – widely known simply as KC – as a National Ambassador Against Hunger, with a special mission to highlight the need for effective solutions to hunger and to address humanitarian needs in Mindanao.
29 August 2007
Philippines President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo visited a WFP distribution on 24 August and handed out food rations to families displaced by Typhoon Reming last December.
23 February 2007
Continuing its assistance to victims of a typhoon which struck the Philippines in late 2006, the WFP has made available an additional 5,880 bags of rice (294 tons) for distribution to families that lost their homes to Typhoon Reming.
3 November 2006
In a boost for the peace building process in Mindanao, WFP has welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$1.2 million (JPY140 million) to assist 2.1 million conflict-affected people in Mindanao.
31 October 2006
WFP has welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$4.2 million (JPY490 million) to projects assisting a total of 10 million people in Afghanistan and the Philippines (Mindanao).
- Philippines: USA Strengthens WFP Disaster Preparedness Initiatives Source: Manila Bulletin
- Philippines: Local Government Unit Of Ditsa-an Ramain Extends Thanks to WFP Source: Municipality of Ditsa-an Ramain
- Philippines: KFC Philippines Fights Hunger With WFP Source: Marketing Interactive
- Philippines: WFP To Add P2-M Nutrition Support To Compostela Valley Source: Zambotimes.com
- Philippines: Japan Assistance Sustains WFP Typhoon Pablo Operations Source: Business Week Mindanao