7 October 2009
In the face of mounting logistical challenges, WFP has brought in helicopters and inflatable boats to provide food assistance to hundreds of thousands of victims of the two major tropical storms that recently ravaged the Philippines.
5 October 2009
5 October 2009
Over the coming month, WFP aims to provide food assistance to 1 million people affected by the severe flooding that Ketsana and other tropical storms have caused in Manila and neighbouring areas of the Philippines over the last week.
28 September 2009
WFP is supporting government relief efforts in the Philippines after a deadly tropical storm slammed into the country over the weekend, causing severe flooding in urban areas and leaving tens of thousands of families needing food assistance.
21 February 2008
The World Food Programme has announced the appointment of the popular Philippines actor and TV personality, Kristina Cassandra Concepcion – widely known simply as KC – as a National Ambassador Against Hunger, with a special mission to highlight the need for effective solutions to hunger and to address humanitarian needs in Mindanao.
29 August 2007
Philippines President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo visited a WFP distribution on 24 August and handed out food rations to families displaced by Typhoon Reming last December.
23 February 2007
Continuing its assistance to victims of a typhoon which struck the Philippines in late 2006, the WFP has made available an additional 5,880 bags of rice (294 tons) for distribution to families that lost their homes to Typhoon Reming.
3 November 2006
In a boost for the peace building process in Mindanao, WFP has welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$1.2 million (JPY140 million) to assist 2.1 million conflict-affected people in Mindanao.
31 October 2006
WFP has welcomed an announcement by the Government of Japan to donate US$4.2 million (JPY490 million) to projects assisting a total of 10 million people in Afghanistan and the Philippines (Mindanao).
- Not just beneficiaries: Make the poor partners in fighting hunger Source: Devex
- WFP transitions its operations from relief to early recovery and rebuilding Source: pia.gov.ph
- Philippines: WFP Provides More Aid To Yolanda Victims Source: ABS-CBN News
- World Food Programme faces “highly unusual” quadruple food emergency Source: PBS NewsHour
- DSWD, WFP distribute cash to 'Yolanda' survivors Source: ABS-CBN News
- WFPs Use of Pooled Funds for Humanitarian Preparedness and Response (2009 - 2013). Terms of Reference.
- Philippines PRRO 200296 Support for Returnees and Other Conflict Affected Households in Central Minanao, and National Capacity Development in Disaster Preparedness and Response: An Operation Evaluation
- Philippines - Typhoon Haiyan: Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment, December 2013
- Profile: WFP Typhoon Haiyan Assistance