14 October 2014
WFP, FAO, IFAD and UN Women designed an innovative and comprehensive effort to support economic empowerment of rural women for sustainable livelihoods and improved food security.
21 August 2014
This week we celebrated World Humanitarian Day—a time to recognize our staff who are in the field, every day, building a better world for everyone. For some WFP staff, like father of two Laurent Nsabimana Nzajyibwami, it is not just a job but a way of life that he knows all too well.
21 August 2014
Fighting in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has resulted in more than 76,000 people seeking refuge in Rwanda. In Gihembe camp, Northern Province, where WFP and its partners are providing assistance to more than 14,500 people, a new cash programme is improving the dietary diversity of the refugees as well as empowering them by giving them the ability to decide for themselves what they eat.
22 May 2014
Over 7,000 refugees from the Democratic of Congo (DRC) have seen their living conditions improve after staying in the Nkamira transit centre for the last two years. In April, they moved to Mugombwa camp in Southern Rwanda and although they remain dependent on WFP food assistance their life has got better.
19 May 2014
In the district of Nyamagabe, Southern Rwanda, WFP and the Republic of Korea are combining their knowledge to help over 1,600 people from the most poor and food insecure households to create assets through land terracing and increasing their standards of living by constructing houses, class rooms and clean water channels to the communities.
27 February 2014
A groundbreaking new study has revealed that the effects of hunger and undernutrition in Rwanda cost the country US$820 million (504 billion Rwanda francs) annually -- the equivalent of 11.5 percent of its annual GDP.
19 February 2014
As part of its commitments to enhance food security, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has introduced cash transfers to feed the 14,500 refugees in Gihembe refugee camp in northern Rwanda.
30 October 2013
As the world’s largest humanitarian agency, the WFP uses its procurement needs to boost agriculture in developing nations through its Purchase for Progress (P4P) programmes. Rwanda has taken this initiative a step further by working with WFP to build a national strategy to facilitate government procurement needs, known as Common P4P (CP4P).
27 September 2013
“Together, we can end world hunger” -- that's the new message from Yum! Brands and pop-singing sensation Christina Aguilera, to help raise money for the World Food Programme during Yum!’s World Hunger Relief campaign.
13 March 2013
The report indicates that four percent have poor food consumption scores in Rwanda, which represents an extremely insufficient and unbalanced diet. However, these figures show clear improvement compared to the last two surveys carried out in 2006 and 2009.
- Rwanda: WFP Boss Tours Nkamira Centre, Reassures Refugees Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Govt Plans Meals for Schools Countrywide Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Grow Priority Crops First, Kalibata Advises Farmers Source: All Africa
- School feeding project to expand Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Premier advocates for commercial agriculture Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Seasonal Monitor
- FAO/WFP/UNICEF/WFP/WHO/DFATD Canada Joint Evaluation of Renewed Effort Against Child Hunger and Under-nutrition (REACH): A Strategic Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Rwanda - Market Assessment: Towards a Market-Based Food Assistance to Refugees, October 2014
- Assessment of Local Production for School Feeding in Ghana, Kenya, Mali and Rwanda
- 16 September 2014 Children Around The Globe Are Back At School, So Are WFP School Meals
- 20 August 2014 Giving Refugees In Rwanda The Power Of Choice
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women