4 July 2014
WFP marks the International day of Co-operatives and commits to invest in capacity building of small-holder farmers through local purchases to achieve sustainable food security.
17 October 2013
ROME/KIGALI– The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is marking World Food Day on 16 October by highlighting the power of nutrition to transform individuals, societies and economies, and the need to make it central to all development efforts.
22 July 2013
KIGALI -– The Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Ertharin Cousin, today concluded a three-day visit to Rwanda, the final stop on her three-nation visit to Africa, focused on sustainable local solutions for hunger and undernutrition.
30 October 2011
World Food Programme (WFP) marks the Africa Food and Nutrition Security Day by highlighting the importance of regional markets and locally produced food in increasing access to food on both national and household levels.
24 August 2011
KIGALI – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has announced that due to a shortage of funds, the WFP operation in Rwanda will need to reduce food rations for 54,000 Congolese refugees by half from 1 September.
29 July 2010
KIGALI – People in many African countries can recover from conflict faster and even have their lives transformed through a revolution in the fight against hunger including greater opportunities to harness the power of markets, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said today.
20 July 2010
Rome – Josette Sheeran, the Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) will begin a fact-finding visit this week to four African nations where the agency is undertaking the full spectrum of its humanitarian work ranging from emergency food assistance in Niger to distribution of cash and vouchers in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and support for small farmers in its Purchase for Progress initiative in Uganda.
27 November 2007
– As communities gather to mark World AIDS Day, and governments take stock of the progress towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is urging that more attention be paid to the fundamental connection between hunger and health, which lies at the heart of the pandemic
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
- Rwanda: WFP Boss Tours Nkamira Centre, Reassures Refugees Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Govt Plans Meals for Schools Countrywide Source: allAfrica
- Rwanda: Grow Priority Crops First, Kalibata Advises Farmers Source: All Africa
- School feeding project to expand Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Premier advocates for commercial agriculture Source: The New Times (Rwanda)
- Assessment of Local Production for School Feeding in Ghana, Kenya, Mali and Rwanda
- Les Infections Parasitaires et Carences en Micronutriments Chez Les Enfants de L'Ecole Primaire au Rwanda
- The Cost of Hunger in Africa: Rwanda 2013
- Synthesis of the Series of Joint UNHCR-WFP Impact Evaluations of Food Assistance to Refugees in Protracted Situations
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 7 November 2012 WFP Provides Food To Congolese Refugees In Rwanda
- 3 August 2012 From the front line of the emergency in Eastern Congo